PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start?

EmmaJane
03-06-05, 19:10
Hi all, this may be a long posting and I do apologise if I babble, but im so excited and pleased with myself. Although, I do feel a bit sick. Im trying to work out, where to start, so I decided a nice positive success story.

1. I have been feeling really good for a while now and I have made a decision, that I feel my life is on the change and because I am interested in aromatherapy and healing, im going to start a Reiki course. I telephoned the lady, had a really good chat and booked up for a weekend course of Sat and Sun the 11th and 12th of June. Its from 10-4.30. It took alot for me to pick the phone up, I cant believe Im doing a course. I am so excited. I never carry anything through and this is a big challenge. I will do it, I know I can, I am nervous, but really excited. So lets watch this space and see what happens.

2. As some of you know I had my crown work started and I was terified, well off I went to have it fitted today. No anxiety, nothing, just a simple fitting. The crown was fitted in 10 minutes all done, no problems, had a check up and a clean, all went well. Then, the dentist mentioned my wisdom tooth, would need to come out at some stage. I have been putting it off for 3 years. He said he could do it today, 2 minutes, just to pop it out. I said go for it ( dont know what came over me ). It wasnt 10 minutes it was 1 hour. After cutting the top of the tooth and cutting the rootin half. He then decided, it wasnt shifting, so he then done an xray. I needed my gum cut for him to go in sideways. So I ended up with 2 stitches, antibiotics and I look like elephant man. The reason this is a success story is because, we all have an inner strengh there somewhere and mine came out today. I didnt have a panic attack and I got through. I must admit its a bit sore now, but I cant believe I done it. I really feel that, even though you fear the worse,the worse doesnt always happen. Im at a stage where I know I can do anything.

Thanks for reading this, and I dont want to scare anyone. The reason mine was difficult was because, my roots were L shaped and he didnt check with an Xray first. Otherwise, he would have known what he was dealing with and it would have been easier.

Take care

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

nomorepanic
03-06-05, 19:16
Great news Emma [^]:D

I bet you are looking forward to the Reiki. I had it a few times a few years ago and really loved it. Must be good to learn how to do it as well.

As for the wisdom tooth - wow!! I am impressed. I daren't have mine out (the bottom ones) cos I am too scared lol.

You did so well to cope with all that and I hope it isn't too sore with the stitches as well.

A big hug to you and I hope the tooth settles down soon - you did great to cope with that!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Meg
03-06-05, 19:18
Emma,

Howe brilliant was that !?!

Well done indeed for just doing it - there and then ..

Enjoy your Reiki - let us know how you are when you're attuned and trained !

You go for it Emma..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

EmmaJane
03-06-05, 20:02
Thanks Meg and Nic,

I must admit I am in pain now. Not sure whether to take the pain killers he gave me, ive had co-proxamol, but they havent done anything. He gave me Dihydrocodeine

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

seh1980
03-06-05, 20:32
[Wow!] what a success!! A big well done to you Emma :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Karen
03-06-05, 22:56
Well done Emma.

Good luck with the course.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
03-06-05, 23:34
Why wouldn't you take them if you're in pain tonight ?

Hope you get some sleep.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Piglet
04-06-05, 11:51
Emma

Well done at the dentist - its such a confidence boost facing something you've been dreading and finding out you could more than cope.

Really interested in how you get on on your reiki course, its something I've been toying with wanting to do too and the aromatherapy.

Look forward to hearing all about it.

Love Piglet