PDA

View Full Version : help!!

thoughts and actions
14-10-08, 12:07
hi guys

I have been back at work now since start of september- i have been on a phrased return and i am now on full shifts - ten and half hours 4 days a week. (yeah my good news)

This is my 2nd day on full shifts. I feel okay (as well as can be expected)

My issue is i had to have a minor op a fortnight ago and ended up getting an infection in the wound- i was given strong anti bios last week and ended up with bad side effects (i have ibs so - wont go into lol) so the docs phoned yesterday said the test results were back and the antis they have given me are not specific enough for my infection so they have given me new ones.

I took one of the new antis this morning and i cannot stop obsessing that i am going to have a reaction to these tablets and faint or vomit infront of every1 am tryign all my thinking techniques from CBT but just need to get it out on here, i keep going into panic- its horrible and i am here until 10pm tonight ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

xx

samc100
14-10-08, 12:41
Hugs on the bad luck of getting an infection.

How many days of Anti-B's do you have to take?

Anti-B's usually make you feel queasy for a while so on a practical level if they are going to make you sick you'll be hugging the loo in readiness and not just suddenly go blurgh. So don't panic about that.

I should think it is unlikely this second lot of tablets will cause you any further side effects. Are they as strong as the other Anti-B's.

But cos' I worry about things like this too I would take it easy on what I eat for the next few days and eat little but often so your tummy isn't hit with big lots of food.

Those shifts are mighty long.. what do you do? If you do feel rough then you might need a day at home to relax whilst on the tabs. And don't see that as a failure. You've done mighty fine to get back to work, have the minor op and be back on full shifts. So pat on the back for you xxxx

thoughts and actions
14-10-08, 12:55
hi

thanks so much for the quick reply

That makes me laugh so much when u said about going "bluuurgh" coz thats honeslty what a picture in my head soooooooooo many times a day i could not have put that better myself- lol but i feel nauseous all the time with the anx so never really can tell the difference he he

I had to have 2 days off last week due to side effects of meds- just so scared that something bad happens and im probably making my ibs worse by thinkign this- its a fisious circle

I work in a contact centre - i like doing the long shifts as u get more days off and its quietier at night

The new antis are stronger than the old ones but are more specific to my infection

samc100
14-10-08, 13:08
It is a nasty circle. Worrying does make tummies and bottoms misbehave.

I think is ok for you to think: " Ok for the next few days I might feel a little odd, not seriously ill, just a little off it and under the weather because of these tablets" And that is all it is .... It is just the meds. You are not going to faint in front of the others or be instantly sick. You are at work and coping just damn fine.

Hope you get lots of nice calls today and no shouty people. If you happen to be called Roxanne, I spoke to you at midday about my mobile phone - then I'd like to apologies to being grumpy at first. You were very helpful.

thoughts and actions
14-10-08, 13:55
lol

no it wasnt me- i am in management

Thanks so much- i have started to think the way u said and am feeling better- just when anxiety hits u think with a diff part of ure brain (well at least i do) n things just arent logical- as the book i am currently reading states "you think of the most catasrophic thing" most people wouldnt think about being sick they would just go to toilet if needed- whereas ppl with anx we dont picture getting up, walking to toilet- closing and lockign the door we just picture the worst. Im having nice thoughts now about going shopping lol

Am going go have some lunch then go for a walk and release some of this adrenalin- poor thing lol its been here all morning and no where to go so its giving me indigestion (or is it nausea lol)

thanks again

xx