PDA

View Full Version : Help me please

Izzie27
14-10-08, 12:34
Hi , i think i suffer from health anxiety im constantly worried that i have a major illness and its putting so much strain on my life i can't cope. I have good days and bad days today is a bad day. I only have to see a news artical and im reduced to a wreck. I hate being this way i hate the way my mom looks at me when i say i have symptoms and it all really revolves around my heart i am convinced im goin to die. I need to no that im not mad my GPs answer for everything is stress . So im goin to get checked out privatly but my brain is very good at pushing out reason and replacing it with blind panic. Am i the only one that feels like this ?

marie1974
14-10-08, 12:40
hiya hun, health anxiety is extremely common, so please dont worry and u will get lots of advice on it here.

i suffer with it on and off, luckily not had it for a while but i had it severe after my nan died few years back thinking i had cancer etc.

the onloy way i know how to combat this is to avoid things that set u off, i cant watch any depressing sad films, they are a major no no to me esp the true life ones, and to keep busy.

if u feel a panic coming on then either write on here, phone someone, clean, sing do wotever until it passes and try hard to not think about it too much.

keeping writing on here too as it helps alot, i have cbt counselling and this also helps alot with health anxiety.
hugs xxxx

amandaj
14-10-08, 12:49
hi your def not alone, i for one feel same and suffer with health anxiety mauinly my heart same as you there is lots of people feels same as you do on here lots of people to talk about with also on here

take care
amandax

Shells761
14-10-08, 12:54
i am exactly the same!

nanny
14-10-08, 13:12
Me too, so your not alone by a long way :blush:

melvin
14-10-08, 16:42
hi mate i allso have H/A about my heart what with chest pain breathing props tuns out to be anxiety every time i had it today when i was working i to cant stop concentraiting on it and my anxiety goes through the roof but i carry on i go swiming a lot and listen to my relaxation tapes a lot seems to get me through