PDA

View Full Version : heart Palps and panic!!

Shells761
14-10-08, 12:52
Hi everyone, my names Sheree and I have just joined.
I am currently at my desk in London having an attack.

I have suffered from HA from about 2 years but its getting worse. I have tried hypnotherapy and accupuncture and am now trying reflexology. nothing helps.

I have suffered from heart palps for years and the doctors say its normal and nor dangerous but for someone who suffers from HA that doesnt help reassure me!

Now i am convinced my heart keeps stopping, only for a few seconds or so- then cause i worry im about to pass out or die i feel light headed. I have to actually put my hand on my heart to reassure my self its still beating.

this is starting to depress me beyond belief. i dont talk to anyone about it as i feel stupid. part of me knows its in my head but another part of me wonders what if i do have something wrong with my heart?? im not going to lie im terrified.

any words of advice??

thanks x

nanny
14-10-08, 13:17
Hi Shells

I get lots of these too, at present they are awful and although it scares the heck out of me i now know that nothing wll happen so i don't allow myself to get in a state, thats easier said than done but i manage it.

You say you don't want to talk to anyone because you feel daft, please don't feel that way. Speak about it, if only on here where you know people will support you, talking about things does somethimes ease the feelings a little.

Perhaps if you try deep breathing whilst having these palps it will ease them, it does for me.

Hope i've helped a little bit.

Shells761
14-10-08, 14:18
thank you for your kind words.
i guess it is just nice to know that there are other people going through the same things as you.

Do you ever feel like your heart as stopped beating and then panic?

x

nanny
14-10-08, 16:15
You're welcome to the reply.

yes i do feel like that and used to panic, but i've now got my head around the fact that nothing is going to happen so i just let it run it's course, thats not to say it isn't frightening, just try telling yourself that you'll be fine, the more you say it the more you'll believe it.

:hugs:

melvin
14-10-08, 16:24
hi mate my names melvin iv had my h/a for ten yrs now allways my heart wht with chest pain and breathing props it allawys turned out to be anxiety so i know how you feel and if ur at work its even harder because i find my self consentraiting on my body and it does tend to get u down a bit but i still go to work and gym and take hols abroad so just keep going

russell1968
14-10-08, 16:32
me to been having palps for 20 years! must have gone down to casulty at twice a year, still scares me when it happens!

LeeBee
14-10-08, 19:47
Hi Sheree, that sensation of your heart stopping is probably just the pause in an ectopic beat. I get these. It's just your heart regulating itself after the "sneeze" of an extra ectopic beat. These feel very weird once you start noticing them but are very common and harmless to healthy heart, like your doc says.

I totally understand why they make you feel panicky. I have had full-on panic attacks following ectopics in the past, but now that I know what they are I have learned to just ignore them (tricky!) or just wait until they are gone and carry on with my day. The fact that I am able to do so without keeling over shows that my heart is working perfectly normally. It's the worry and the thoughts that are making you feel bad, not the ectopics or palpitations themselves. Good luck with it :flowers:.