PDA

View Full Version : Book recommendation for fellow hypochondriacs

swiffer61
14-10-08, 14:00
Hello all!

I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this (my apologies if it's not! :blush: ), but I have a book recommendation for those of you who may suffer from panic/anxiety -related hypochondria like me.

The book is called "Well Enough Alone" by Jennifer Traig, and I've already read it twice in 3 months!

Starting on the very first page, this book drew me in. It's a very heart-warming, fun book, both hilarious (the author has suffered hypochondria herself for many, many years) and also rather helpful to ease some plaguing worries. It's really helped me try to rationalize my anxieties more, but it's also helped me to sort of take a step back and laugh about it too, especially when I'm feeling down. Not to mention, it's nice to see someone HAS overcome their hypochondria to live a happy, full life.

If you're interested, I believe I bought mine on Amazon.co.uk. But I have also seen it around Play.com. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where else it can be found as I live in the Netherlands and it's difficult to come across bookstores selling a vast collection of English books!

Anyway, take care all! :D

agent orange
14-10-08, 18:10
i am very interested, thank you. I have been diagnosed with Undifferentiated somatoform disorder, I have posted on this earlier.
It is a real pain to me, but thanks for that post.

Tony.

swiffer61
14-10-08, 20:02
Undifferentiated somatoform disorder is an awful thing to deal with :( I'll be wishing you all the best. I hope you're getting some help with it and that you're still able to live your life! I also get pains quite often without any underlying cause, but it comes and goes, so it's not too bad. I can't imagine though, what you must be going through. I hope at least you can find this book and just have a good read!

Take care of yourself !