PDA

View Full Version : Changing Health Anxieties

mlondon
14-10-08, 14:07
I am only beginning to realise after a year that a lot of my anxities are related to health. I am 26 and have generally a good diet and am fit. Since my anxiety began though I think I am more attentive to different bodily feelings and they scare me. Recently I have been scared that I am going blind and I think this has a lot to do with depersonalisation and things feeling unreal. Sometimes my tongue feels swollen and I worry I can't breath. Other times especially if I have done some exercise I worry I won't have control of my legs or they just won't work and I won't be able to stand.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Shells761
14-10-08, 14:53
i have had similar experiences yes. esp with going blind- this is one fo my biggest fears and sometimes i am convinced my eyes are going funny and that im going blind. obvoiusly im not but it is just anxiety taken over.

hcsmgb
14-10-08, 15:00
What you describe are classic symptoms of health anxiety. I have moved from one potential serious illness to another over the course of the last few months, and no amount of reassurance from my GP and various consultants has really helped.

This thing can be a real b*****d, but stay positive and tell yourself that you won't let it get you down.