PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm worrying about my daughter

mary8
14-10-08, 14:34
Please help - I am now worrying about my daughter and that is a million times worse than worrying about myself.
She is 28 and for the past couple of weeks has been getting terrible stomache cramps at night. Last night she said it was so bad she went to the bathroom because she thought she was going to be sick (she wasn't) and the pain was so bad she was double over and felt faint. She said the colour also drained from her face. She isn't a panicky person like I am thank goodness. This also happened last week again in the night. She said her stomach was really bloated and that she was also very 'windy', she has also been a bit constipated. She is having quite a bit of stress with her job at the moment and the symptoms settled down over the weekend but came back again last night after another day back at work. She has an appointment with her GP but not until Thursday.
I am now sick with worry and imagining all sorts of nasty things may be wrong with her. She is, apart from this, a fit and healthy person who does look after herself.
Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing and can you please reasssure me that it is probably something like IBS.
I would be grateful for any feedback. Thank you.

Piglet
14-10-08, 14:45
Well that sounds quite like what my middle daughter gets and I had a bout of it for about a six weeks a couple of years ago and can only presume it was indeed IBS.

Mind you when I had it I wasn't sure if I had eaten something dodgy, or was it something scary, so I did tell my doctor and she sent a poo sample off for me and then it just went of it's own accord anyway.

The trouble is with us lot we tend to rush straight into thinking of worse case scenarios instead of going through the logical and more likely problems first. I would see how she continues and go with the idea of IBS, or a virus, or food poisening and see what the doc says cos they might be able to give her something to help ease the symptoms.

Piglet :flowers:

samc100
14-10-08, 14:52
Hi - sounds like her tummy is playing up.. could be due to stress. Perhaps she's been really busy and stressed recently and her diet has been thrown off it's normal pattern? With the constipation I'd try something gentle to ease it like Fibre Gel which helps with bloating etc...

If she's stressed at work does she have anything to help her relax e.g going swimming/pilates/massage or just a nice bubblebath with a magazine just to have some 'ME' time. ?