PDA

View Full Version : worried moaning panicking twitching tingler is back!!

wine lover
14-10-08, 15:12
I haven't posted here for a while. Up until May I had been suffering with twitching (eyes, mouth, arms and little odd pulses all over my body), and tingling on the soles of my feet and in my hands. Saw a Neuro, had an MRI and different blood tests done. All Clear! Then, all of a sudden my symptons disappeared. That was until last week, then PING!, they're back with a vengence. Started with a twitching mouth, then in the eye. Now I have terrible tingling in the soles of my feet, almost like they've had a good rub down with some extra hard sandpaper! Fingertips are tingling a bit too, and it feels like my hands and feet are pulsating (can feel the pulses very easily) and I seem to have constant palpitations too. Dont know if its something I'm eating, just my friend Mrs Ann Ziety back or if it could be hormone based. Im getting so sick of feeling self obsessed but it really is hard to switch of when there is constantly some symptom or ten!! Oh, to top it all off I'm also getting really panicky, and spacey (like my head is made of cotton wool or someone has given me a sleeping pill) Sorry to rant on, but if anyone has suffered any of this or has any advice I'd be so grateful.:unsure:

melvin
14-10-08, 16:11
i my names melvin iv used to suffer with pulses all over and i allways thought it was my heart but after many visits to docs turned out it was only anxiety they then just disapeard

ShineUK
15-10-08, 15:07
Hi Wine lover,
Anxiety is the worst of all illness's I think. The brain is a very clever organ that tricks us countless times. You had your MRI and wow there's nothing wrong that message went to your brain and for a while the symptoms vanished, but then your brain said ok I'll have another go it was pretty good fun the last time !!!! It only takes a swift memory to remember those symptoms and the last time that you had them and bang they are back again. Seems strange doesn't it ? I'm not saying that there's not a hormone that's out of sinc, but anxiety will keep on so long as we let it ! I have been battling myself from all sorts of horrible sensations, but I have started telling myself that they are only horrible sensations and that my mind is trying to trick me again. Even though they do feel horrible every nerve ending in our bodies is on red alert. I get weird sensations even when I'm not in panic mode, but I just tell myself that I've had these feelings for some time, they haven't caused me any harm apart from scaring me. It's not easy I know that and I'm still getting the sensations after two weeks but they are definately easing off and not bothering me so much. I look at other people and think I could be strong and worry free like them, so why am I letting this pain in the a*** anxiety ruin my life. Well it can try what it likes from now on, but I am not going to bow to it. Sit and face it, try and bring a panic on. When you try it doesn't come. I am fighting this the same as you believe me, but I believe that I am beating it gradually. The nerves need to heal so just give it time.

kathyanne
15-10-08, 22:02
What a fantastoc answer. i agree totally. You have to fight it totally yourself in the end. Easier said than done I know, but there really is no other way. The answer is in us. The brain is playing tricks on us. I am getting several symtoms which are driving me mad, I am at the stage now where I am saying to IT, 'bring it on, lets have it'. You have to talk to yourself constantly reasure yourself that you can beat it. It's the only way.

Kathy

ShineUK
16-10-08, 13:25
Absolutely Kathyanne,
This blasted illness will try anything to put us under its spell !! It is like a demon that won't let go without a fight. Everyday I struggle with the same constant sensations, sometimes I wonder if they will ever go away. But they won't if we give into them, they will battle with us and destroy our lives. We have to keep telling ourselves that they are just sensations that our brain has made up to trick us. Nerves are all over our bodies, every centimetre has hundreds and they are in overdrive. They need time to heal like a broken leg etc. They can make us feel pain or tingling, pins and needles and numbness. Face it head on and like you said quite rightly "bring it on I'm ready for you, you may make me feel uncomfortable but that all you can do to me".

pinkpiglet
16-10-08, 13:30
Oh yes indeedy!
I get the tingling hands and fingers on almost a daily basis. The jumping nerves (twithching mouth, eyes etc) comes and goes, usually worse when i am tired through lack of sleep. The pads of my feet and toes go numb all the time (but i put this down to my poor circulation). Anxiety is a minx and it does make us obsess about our health. I'm having the same problems at the moment and it wears me down.
Hope you start to feel better soon x

ShineUK
16-10-08, 13:32
The other thing that you said Kathyanne is that it is only us that can do anything. That is so true. There is no use relying on other people, no use repeatedly going to the doctors. We know exactly what they are going to say and just send us for more psychiatric help. Even though we must not rely on others to help us it is nice to know that they are there for support. But that is all, they can't help . Only we can control of our bodies !