PDA

View Full Version : glands ha panic!

jodie
15-10-08, 07:25
hiya guys

ok so i have held off posting thinking it will go ,maybe it is normal ect .
thing is i have had little pain under my chin for weeks now and have been to the doctors many times about it and they have said to me ah your ok no problems your glands feel ok ,just as i was calming down i have now found that under my chin in the middle if i run my fingers down toward my neck i can feel like a lump or rather a ridge ,i know there is glands either side but this is under and in the middle ,it might be that everyone has this:shrug: why is it is ok then bam another thing to stress about on top of tons of other things i have to deal with right not grrr i feel at the mo like i am about to go mad:unsure: how can i go from a bubbly out going lass to this panic about everything stressing and a bit of a mess really grrr
anyway rant over lol
jodie xx

LeeBee
15-10-08, 09:38
Hi Jodie, could you be feeling the top of your larynx? It starts sort of under the back of your mouth, right at the top of your throat under your jaw. It feels like a lumpy ridge. Could that be it?

jodie
15-10-08, 09:51
hiya

no it is not there it is kinda under my chin like under were the bottom of my mouth is .lol i think it is maybe normal but this bloody ha makes you think all kinds grr
thanks for your reply leebee x

jodie x

LeeBee
15-10-08, 10:06
No worries :). Another suggestion: maybe a tendon? I'm sure you're right, whatever it is it is probably supposed to be there. This HA is a beast, isn't it? I've had tons of ectopics tonight which is really bugging me, even though I know they are harmless and have told others the same thing in posts all day! Hope you feel better soon.

jodie
15-10-08, 10:31
hiya

lol leebee i am not sure what on earth it is lol i guess a trip to the docs will help .
try not to worry about the ectopics i have had them years the worst thing about them is how they make you feel and the panic they set off as long as you have had then checked out and all is ok you will be fine just hard to get your head around coz at the end of the day it is your heart .
jodie xx

Andyroo
15-10-08, 12:08
im sorry this is really stressing you jodie .. if it makes you feel any better i have heaps of weird creepy things on my neck and i donno what the heck they are!!:scared15: lumps and squishys! :roflmao: ive never really thought much about it :wacko: .. i hope your Dr. gives you some releif.. trust me i know what HA. is like i go looney tho..i dont handle it very well .. just ask leebee LOL!
you have my suport and i hope you feel better soon! let us know how it goes:hugs:

debera
15-10-08, 13:46
hi jodie
im sure its nothing sinister hun. but go to the docs for your own peace of mind. i can feel all kinds of things under my chin. im sure its nothing to worry about.
love debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

tracy1972
15-10-08, 14:35
hi jodie you r not the only one i have had probs and went to docs and then a and e and then dentist i have an infection in my tooth which has spread frem my eye down to my neck and it is giving me real bad attacks i am convinced that it was worse and i have found out what it is but there is one thing worrying me it is interfering with my tongue the side feels tingly and when you move your tongue there are the muscles at the back of your throat and they r really playing up and it is making me feel like i am choking in my tongue it is horrible i now but i have felt under my chin where your on about and i have a ridge to but if you still feel like this go back to gp keep going until you r satisfied that what they r telling you curves you worries hope this helps take care

RosieXXX
15-10-08, 14:47
Hello Jodie,

Health Anxiety is positively evil, and often catches us unware, just as we think everything is fine. I am always drawn to the areas where is it easy to find a nodule or 'lumpy something or other' to worry about - usually breast.

The area you describe is also full of nodules and fibrous tissue - I am sure the ridge you can feel is just a little bit of sinewy tissue. I would be feeling more concerned if it was a definite lump. Hope you will be able to brush this one aside, if not it would be worth a visit to the doctor, just to give you peace of mind.:hugs:

Andyroo
16-10-08, 01:24
hows it going jodie:hugs: keep us up to date :winks:

erialc
16-10-08, 19:09
Hi Mate,
Sorry you haven't been feeling too good, I haven't been around for a while so we not had a good chat :(

I know how you feel I found a lump in my neck and one along my jaw, I freak about them on and off but best if you are worried go back to get reassurance.

If you need a chat anytime you know where I am

XXXX C

jodie
16-10-08, 20:33
hiya

thanks guys for your replys

i am off to the doc,s in the morning i think this lump is maybe been there all the time :shrug:
i am just having on of them time,s when i am on thinking i have all sorts grr

thanks
jodie xxxxx

snoozy24
17-10-08, 20:46
hi jodie,

how did you get on at the docs?hope your feelin better.:D