PDA

View Full Version : Hospital appointment

blackie
15-10-08, 10:39
Hi all

I have a hospital appointment today and i am really starting to worry about it. I have been getting alot of pain in the upper abdomen so am having an ultra sound. I havent been able to leave the house for about two years apart from occasinal good weeks when i think i am doing well but it never lasts. Anyway i am terrified of getting there and being on my own while i am having the scan. Also i am worried that they wont find out whats wrong and i will have to have futher tests and still feel uncomfortable. I am, worried about the actual scan as i know it wont hurt but i have put on alot of weight since being trapped in the house and i have horriable stretch marks. In the letter it says i have to take me cloths off and wear a hospital gown but i hope i can at least keep my trousers on:blush: . Then theres my scars. I have them everywhere from self-harm and i feel so ashamed of them. They are so large and purple and raised up. I dont do it anymore but the damage has been done and i hate people asking questions and judging me for it. And i cannot eat before the scan which makes the pain worse and makes me feel more panicky. I know, i am worring about everything but i am feeling sick with worry. Its been a stressful last month as i have had an important exam as well and meeting a new team (again) to see if they can help me. I have finally got a support worker who will help me go out and visit me once a week. He seems a nice guy so i am feeling more positive but i know its going to be so hard. Sorry i am really whining today its just i have had so much going on in my mind. I just want to get through today.
Take care all
Blackie

jo61
15-10-08, 11:06
Hope it goes ok for you. Dont worry about what you look like, they have one job in hand and that's to diagnose the problem, not admire your tummy!! Do tell them how you're feeling and I'm sure they'll be sympathetic.

Let us know how you get on.
:hugs:

lorac
15-10-08, 11:38
Hi

I hope everything at the hospital goes well for you and stop worrying about the other things.

Carol

titch
15-10-08, 11:59
Hy hn im sure ull do fine...this may not help but the only thing that i know doesnt show up on an ultrasound is endometriosis my mum had it...its nothing serious..just a womens problem not trying to scare yu though...let us know how u get on...xx