PDA

View Full Version : centre chest pain

fran1888
04-06-05, 11:43
Hi all last night i woke up with a pain in the centre of my chest it was like i was gasping for breath it lasted several mins. Also alot of pains in both of my arms comming and going. Can any one tell me if they get these feelings. Ive had my heart check alot as ive said in past message my my son died suddenly with his heart...But all test have been ok. But im still a bit worried.. Can anyone help?

Frances Gill
Love & Respect to you all...

alexis
04-06-05, 14:29
Hi Fran, im sorry I cant help much. I get a fast heartbeat and cold arms sometimes but not pain. If you are really worried then you should get the gp or hospital to see you.
Do not sit alone and worry you will be worse.
Sorry to hear about your son, how awful,I didnt know, must have missed the posts.
Take care love Alexis

Meg
04-06-05, 14:39
If you've had your heart checked recently and its been ok, then it may be anxiety induced pain.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm

Dull ache (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3044)
chest pains (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3487)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

fran1888
04-06-05, 15:23
Thanks meg and alexis .I had a look at the other post. I thought it might be angina becuse it was at the centre of chest and i felt sweaty and sore left arm.But my hubby says ive had alot of ecg and they came back normal...But can stress not cause heart attacks? Maybe my mind is wondering again looking for a answer and its simple its my anxitey thats doing this to me..Before it happed i had been watching truma E R that american Program..Maybe thats what trigered it?...cheers anyway..

Frances Gill

seh1980
04-06-05, 16:20
Chest pain is quite common with anxiety. ER could have put the idea into your head - my mind does that to me sometimes too..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
04-06-05, 17:13
The power of suggestion is very strong with us.

Read the Health Anxiety page

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

lainey
05-06-05, 09:37
Hi Fran

I have had this in the past which then brings on the panic and makes me feel worse.
I have suffered with arm pain a lot and also convinced myself at one point that I had angina.
I think it is all due to tightening muscles as the pain in my arms comes when my neck is very sore from tension.

Hope this helps

Take care

Elaine x

fran1888
06-06-05, 14:51
Spoke to GP. I had to take my son up to hospital sat night with a bad burn to his hand.I spoke to doctor about what i was getting before we left and hes say things do change and because the ecg were ok in the past, well that can change but he also says it could be comming from my gullet...As the gullet can give you alot of chest pain aswell.But to cut a long story short because it was my son,s appointment he says i should get it check out if im still having problems with it.. Any way just wanted to let you no ..

Frances Gill

seh1980
06-06-05, 15:38
If it would make you feel better, maybe you should get it checked out. I'm sure there's nothing wrong but might be comforting to hear that from a doctor..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal