PDA

View Full Version : It's working!

tom1
15-10-08, 12:40
Okay, so I'm now back on Sertraline 50mg after coming off it and being meds free for 4-5 months. The anxiety just got way out of control and was ruling my life too much, I was starting to develop new phobias about things. But, the good news is, since being on Sertraline for what has been just about a week, I've noticed a DRAMATIC change. I'm much calmer, I'm sleeping better again, I'm eating better, not panicking about things, I think more clearly and rationally and most of all I am happy.

The only side-effects I've had so far are the tiredness thing again, but that is worth putting with if I am feeling so much better in soo many ways.

Who says these medications don't do anything and are no better than a placebo? honestly...

Catya
15-10-08, 16:07
Oh I have to agree with you there Tom.
Having been medication free for 2 years it's been a huge disappointment to have to re-start something.
I have never been on sertraline before, and so far have only taken 2, but I have found them much easier to tolerate already, and the tiredness after all my stress and depression, is almost welcome.
i just hope my appetite doesn't increase too much or that I gain the weight that I put on with seroxat.

tom1
17-10-08, 11:03
I'm slowly but surely starting to feel zombified now. I guess the high state of happiness has worn off as my body has got used to it. I'm only on 50mg as well, surely it shouldn't zombify this much? Anyway, it is helping my anxiety quite a lot but I am losing some emotion in the process which isn't normal. I'll see how it goes...

Catya
17-10-08, 14:13
Yes, I spoke a bit too soon as well.
Last night I felt so "dumbed down" and everything in slow motion that I decided to just take half a tablet. ( I've got the 50mg dose too) That seems to have worked better today.
Good luck to you.