PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack BUT not me

Tracy68
15-10-08, 21:25
I really feel the need to share this with you all and not sure whether this was right place to put it but ah well.
Yesterday I nipped down to the shops just before my eldest was due home from school.......well anyway i texted her to say wait at bus stop and i'll pick her up as it was raining. Anyways just as i got into the car my phone went and i got a text from her saying "bus stop, now, ryan". I wasn't sure what she meant as such but clawed up there.
As i pulled up to the stop i saw my daughter and 2 other girls gathered round her friend Ryan. Apparently he got off the bus, collapsed on the floor and started to shake badly and had troubled breathing.
Well anyway me being me lol slammed the brakes on and went and sat on the path with him. Bless his heart he's 15 and in between breaths told me that he felt like something was pressing on his windpipe and couldn't breath. Well I can't believe how i reacted lol. I was like its ok mate you're just having a panic attack, breath slowly try and count to 7 breathing in and 11 breathing out. It was like I had all the posts from NMP right there in front of me hehehe. I rang 999 and in the mean time i had this lad in my arms absolutely scared silly but i just sat there talking to him and making him breath slowly. His step dad turned up and then so did the ambulance. Hey and i was right he was having a panic attack......may change my career from a shop assistant to a paramedic lol. I will say tho after all this had happened my ectopics decided to appear big time but i didn't panic just reassured myself that this was because my adrenaline was really pumping thru my system.
Anyways i've well rambled on but just wanted to share it with and on a good note Ryan is totally back on form again today :D

Tracy
xxx

Wenjoy
16-10-08, 11:25
Hey well done - I know what you mean - when someone suffers the same as us - I think we go on autopilot and know how horrible it is so we help them and then afterwards we cant believe how calm we were!! Well done.
Wenjoy x

june
21-10-08, 10:56
:flowers: :flowers:
A bit late (sorry) BUT how wonderful you were:yesyes: :yesyes:
I hope you feel really proud that you did not panic along with him.
The carer in us does shine through.

The poor lad (and his friends ) must have been petrified.
WELL DONE:flowers: :flowers:

Best wishes
June

dawny
21-10-08, 11:00
well done.....good job he had you on hand.....you should be proud of yourself xxxxxx

dawny

Veronica H
21-10-08, 11:07
:yesyes: that's great. It is nice to think we can give something back despite this illness. Well done.

Veronica

Tracy68
21-10-08, 23:19
Hey thanks for the replies.
Yea i did feel kinda proud of myself. He sent me a message saying thanks for all your help.....made me feel good :).
Apparently at school other day he started getting stressed and felt himself getting panicky but my daughter told him to calm down and breathe slowly lol bless her....she must of taken note of what i was doing that day. I just hope and pray tho that this doesn't affect him too much as we all know what anxiety and panic can do and he's only 15.

Thanks again

Tracy
xxxx

bab
22-10-08, 10:06
well done - u should be really proud!!
its funny isnt it as us sufferers can spot panic a mile off and i know i can give advice to others but when it comes to me thats a whole different ball game x

joolee
28-10-08, 11:46
well done you that was great stuff you did xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx