PDA

View Full Version : Worrying, of course

swiffer61
16-10-08, 08:47
I apologise in advance, but I foresee a rather long post here. I don't know why I have such trouble accepting my doctor's diagnosis. He really is a great doctor (my mother-in-law has had cancer 4 times and also has MS ...and he diagnosed them all), but I'm just impossible. I've had pretty bad head pains and headaches for the past month. They are all over my head (forehead, temples, jaw, top of head, back of head, teeth, above and below ears). Some feel like nervy pain, and some are like stinging sensations above my eyes at the hairline on my forehead. Others are tender, sore, aching, sharp, or throbbing. My head feels so heavy on my neck and shoulders, and I often get rather dizzy with bright light or too loud sound. I also have pressure a lot around my eyes, in my ears, and in my cheeks. Honestly, it just feels like pressure everywhere.

The doc first told me I had a virus because my stomach was also bad, but now at the beginning of this week (3 weeks after having seen him before), he says I'm now having sinus problems and tension headaches. Double whammy he said (in a Dutch accent). He's told me to take steam 3 times a day and use Flixonase 2 times a day, so I am. And I'm quite sure he's right, but the anxiety in me keeps rearing its ugly head and constantly telling me it's something else, mainly an aneurysm. I'm afraid to have sex a lot because maybe it is an aneurysm and will pop, I don't go into the bathroom without my cell phone. I feel so stupid and I know my fiance is getting rather fed up with my doom-thinking, just as much as I am. I can't stand being alone ( I'm alone for the whole day as I'm currently unemployed). I just drive myself crazy and have anxiety and head problems all day, every day.

This isn't the first time I've suffered head problems. My doc sent me to a physio therapist back in 2007 because I was having frequent headaches which he said were due to tension caused by TMJ. The physio did help to some degree, especially in helping me be less anxious, and after about 3 months I stopped going to him and soon thereafter I got a job. But then the stress started up again. My mother-in-law was staying with us because she needed some care as she was diagnosed with lung cancer (which has thankfully been cleared).

I was also on Lexapro for a little more than a year while my fiance and I were in the process of finalizing my move here to the NL (I'm from America). Well, I weaned off just fine with my doctor's help, but then a few months later I became pregnant, was having a tough time at my job, and then I had a miscarriage back at the beginning of August. Since August, my anxiety has hit a very high point. The headaches scare me, my heartbeat in my belly scares me, my breasts are sore and lumpy due to hormonal imbalance and they scare me. Everything health-related honestly worries me. Almost every week I think I have something wrong with me, but for the most part, I fret most about having the problems with my head...

I'm just one big ball of stress now, looking for a new job,looking for a house, constantly feeling alone and like the nights and weekends with my fiance are just never enough. My shoulders are constantly to my ears, my neck is constantly sore or strained, I always catch myself clenching my jaw, and my headaches are just terrible.

Sorry for such a long post, but I really need to get it all out. I'm so tired of feeling this way. I just want to feel well again. It's not fair to my fiance to be such a nervous, sick wreck. I really hate myself, I feel like such a prisoner in my own body.

Andyroo
16-10-08, 09:17
hi there

im sorry your having such a hard time i am constantly worrying about cancer.. ever sense my uncle died that has been my biggest fear.. i went to the dentist last week i was sure i had mouth cancer :weep: turns out i just have really bad gums :blush: .. im constantly worying about things it really sucks.. at first i started having panic attacks then i found out how to control them and my brain found another way to torture me.. it seems everytime i find a way to fix me a problem my brain finds new ways to pick on:weep: now i have really bad health anxiety and i cant sleep... what sucks.. sleep was my only escape from the torture... now i dont even get peace when i sleep because i cant sleep :scared15: i know it sucks not being able to do the things you would like to do.. and not being the person you would like to be for your friends and family.. trust me i know! but lets stay strong! lets put up a fight and win this battle!:noangel: ..
please stay strong. if you need somone to talk to hit me up! im always around

swiffer61
16-10-08, 09:24
Thanks for reading, I really need the reassurance that only a fellow sufferer can give. It sucks that mostly all of us feel the way we do, to be sure. But it still is a great comfort to know that I'm not alone. I also have problems with sleeping and then coping with the anxiety but having it always come back through something else. I'm always so amazed by this condition. It's really quite something.

Thanks for your support! I'm really feeling better (hopefully for longer than a few minutes) already. :hugs:

yanksforever
16-10-08, 16:10
Cute avatar- i love kitties!

Nothing is actually wrong with you. I read your entire post. You don't have cancer. I have headaches too. Very often, and of different varieties! Lol. Burning, stinging, throbbing, dizzying, temple twisting...you name it and I've had it. You need to relaaaaaaaxxx! Nothing is wrong with you.

Let go of fear and go enjoy your life.

swiffer61
17-10-08, 11:15
Thanks for the reassurance! Last night I was having trouble sleeping again and your comment really made me feel better. :)

Cute avatar- i love kitties!

Nothing is actually wrong with you. I read your entire post. You don't have cancer. I have headaches too. Very often, and of different varieties! Lol. Burning, stinging, throbbing, dizzying, temple twisting...you name it and I've had it. You need to relaaaaaaaxxx! Nothing is wrong with you.

Let go of fear and go enjoy your life.

yanksforever
17-10-08, 20:38
I'm very glad I was able to ease your mind. :D

kaysheldon
22-02-09, 17:35
hi....so is are stinging, tired eyes and forehead pressure normal then?? because i am wondering exactly the same thing.. my eyes all of a sudden sting and im panicking about it so so so much i think its making them worse. Just to give you background. i suffer from extreme Health Anxiety and in the past week have suffered all the cancers i could imagine x x

helen_1
22-02-09, 18:02
i know just how you feel i'm too going through a really tough time with head problems which started in february im getting the same symptoms as you and with dizzyness and im feeling weak down my left side i have had a mri scan which showed nothing and got told its anxiety but i had a really bad dizzy spell last night which has set my panic off big time and im going back to thinking maybe im going to have a stroke i also have really bad throat tighness as well im too thinking the same as you that im fed up with feeling like this i do hope you feel better soon and just to let you know you are not alone on this one take care xxx