PDA

View Full Version : Bad cold and tender underarms

tresflip
16-10-08, 08:58
Hey people,

I wanted to ask a quick question.

I have a bad cold and recentely it seems to be getting better but I have noticed that my underarms seem to be super sensitive, not my armpit. I have also noticed that the big muscle going from my pec to arm is painful.
I'm guessing that it's muscular as it has started being sensitive and painful since the middle of my cold.

My wife says it's because I have sneezed, coughed and blown my nose so hard that I've pulled muscles I generally don't use.

What do you think?

LeeBee
16-10-08, 09:21
It could well be muscle strain. And viral infections can generally make you feel achy and sensitive.

It might be stimulated lymph nodes under your arms (they're not all right in the pit) from the infection. I had this with a viral infection earlier this year. I couldn't actually feel that they were swollen under my arms (they were enormous beasts under my jaw), but it felt sensitive and sometimes a bit stingy around there. My doctor said that the nodes can become just sensitive and sore when you're fighting an infection, rather than obviously swollen.

Either way, it should start feeling better soon :flowers:.

tresflip
16-10-08, 09:31
Thank you Lee bee. I understand what you mean. This cold seems to be lasting a while. I work with kids so I recon I got it from them.

Anything you can advise to help finish this cold off?

LeeBee
16-10-08, 09:36
I took a daily vitamin supplement including B, C and zinc in the end. It's always hard to tell how much these things are helping but I did start to feel better soon after starting on them. I think perhaps they give your immune system a boost. Other than that - nutritious food (lots of fruit, veg and protein), fluids and as much rest as you get. Good luck with it, hope you feel better soon :winks:.

Andyroo
16-10-08, 09:40
chicken soup and a spite :roflmao:

tresflip
17-10-08, 03:06
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

It's back!!! my cold seems to be getting worse but still no temp! I have soooooooo much snot and when I cough it's wet and always flem comes, is this a good thing or not??? Thank you guys and girls :):):)

Andyroo
17-10-08, 03:10
lol well its not bad that your coughing up snot?:yesyes: thats what happens when you have a cold and it does sounds like a common cold to me :) like i said chicken soup and sprite. come on man!:yahoo: