PDA

View Full Version : so scared

hannax
16-10-08, 11:38
hi, does anybody get missed beats/flutters when they take a deep breath?or does this mean i have a heart problem ,im so so worried!!!!:weep:

jodie
16-10-08, 11:49
hiya hanna

no hun i would say you dont have anything wrong i get ectopcs ,flutters and i to get them at times when i breath in it is just one of then things hun please dont worry as this will set them off
have you seen your doc and had any tests for them?

jodie xx

LeeBee
16-10-08, 11:49
It sounds like you're experiencing ectopic heartbeats, hannah. They're quite common - apparently pretty much everyone gets them, but not everyone notices - and harmless in a healthy heart. I get them every day, today has been particularly bad. They do feel freaky. Sometimes they make me feel like I want to cough (*cof cof*). For me they feel either like a 'thump' in my chest, or a flutter. If I feel my pulse while I'm having a little run of them I can sometimes feel the extra beat - the ectopic beat is actually an extra beat between two normally-spaced beats - followed by a pause and then a 'thump' as the heart gives a hard beat to get rid of the extra blood that is in it because of the extra beat.

Try not to worry about it too much... I know how hard they are to ignore. If it is bothering you or happening constantly then pop along to your doctor. But be assured that "skipped" beats are not usually dangerous :).

Andyroo
16-10-08, 14:24
sounds pretty normal to me hanna im sure it nothing to worry about! lets have punch and pie and relax!:yesyes: