PDA

View Full Version : Wondering what to do.........

laurenessex
16-10-08, 16:59
My anixety and mild agorophobia first became a problem when I was at uni with the result I dropped out early. I've not had a proper job since although I do work for Betterware, did have a paperround and do freelance writing, or will be doing more in the future...but I am under pressure sometimes from my parents who obv want to see me out and earning a proper living etc, and I have a sister who thinks im wasting my life and dont do anything all day, she can be quite negative. I dont really get any support or further ideas with what I can do just reminders of what I can't. I'm trying everything I can think of that's from home, freelance etc that I have some control over....couldnt face interviews and going in to jobs every day....have thought of volunterring but havent seen anything that's right....so I worry a bit and feel like new inspiration....There has been things ive applied for and people showing an interest in my writing etc but it's a slow process translating this in to work...at the same time I feel kinda proud that I do get out and do something, am making and selling cards, AND promoting my songwriting.

My other problem is my social life which doesnt help my confidence etc...I dont have any good/close friends local, some people I know are gr8 but we're not social, the good friends I do have dont live round here so I miss them lots...and social stuff is hard...they prob find it hard to make an effort for someone with problems too not living here....if they came over then it's not being used to them being around, planning, pressure etc...but one esp I havent seen for year and would love too.

:shrug: I dont know lol

*natalie*
16-10-08, 17:06
Hi laurenessex, my social life is pretty non existent too. I dont have any friends apart from one girl who i used to go to school with who doesn't even live near me and i've only seen her once in the past year.

laurenessex
16-10-08, 17:16
It's a toughie isnt it, I have two lovely good friends and some wonderful penfriends but although I would call some people I know in essex friends or old school friends, or people im friendly with it's not quite enough to feel comfy social with them, and so harder to see those good friends who arent local