PDA

View Full Version : generic mirtzapine not working

cedlong
16-10-08, 20:18
Hello,

Four days ago I started a generic brand of Mirtazapine. I have been taking Mirt since Jan 08. I take either Sandoz or UK Generics. This is the first time I've tried this particular new labelled brand. In the last 2 days, the anxiety symptoms have become much worse. Do you think it possible that this could be due to starting the new mirtazapine? I know people say there's no difference, but it seems a bit conincidental, doersn't it?

Thanks,
Chris

jo61
16-10-08, 20:20
Hi, I've been on it for years and have had various generic versions. I personally find that there's no change between brands.
:hugs:

cedlong
16-10-08, 20:42
Hi there,
I ask this because I have definitely noticed a difference when changing brands of Sertraline.

devonvicky
13-11-08, 12:37
Hi cedlong,
i'm new to this site but ur post is something I've had probs with for the last 6weeks.
i have been taking zispin 30mg which is made by a company in the Netherlands Oregon or something like that,I've been on them for about 4yrs,well 6 weeks ago i got my next lot of tabs and i didn't question it at the time,but mentioned to my mum they had changed the packaging,left it as that,well after 6 weeks of bad palpitations,really bad fuzziness and as if i have pressure in my ears,u know like when u go on a plane and ur ears pop,in the end after 6 weeks i couldn't take it anymore,so i decided to read the leaflet that i got with my last batch of tabs,to find i had been prescribed the generic name mirtazapine by a company TEVA in the UK,i rang my doc and he said that he had heard of this happening to other patients,although most of the ingredients are the same the base of it from 1 company to another is different,so it could have a different affect on u,well that evening i decided to to use some spare zispin that my doc had prescribed me to withdraw from these tabs as i couldn't take the affects anymore.i still feel a little unbalanced in my head but I've had no palpitations and feel better in myself just by taking the zispin again instead of mirtazapine...my doc said some people can take all the different ones made by different companies,but i guess i just have to be different lol!!!
Have u ever tried to come off zispin b4? if so how did u taper it,its just i have emetophobia which is a fear of vomiting and really scared of the withdrawal affects.i.e being sick...it doesnt help that i have solatab tabs,dissolvable one so u cant cut them in half...
take care and hope ur having a good week
vicky x

Hereford Al
13-11-08, 12:59
I too have noticed this. Especially since increasing from 15mg to 2 15mg tabs a day and then last week to 1 30mg tab - Each time the prescription "brand" of the tablets was different, and after each change of brand I felt a bit crap for a week or so.

I started off on the 15mg disolving tablets for the first 2 months. Then my next prescription was for 15mg but they were non-disolving tablets. I was a bit all over the place for a few days. Then when that prescription ran out I picked up my next batch from a different pharmacy and they were different again. Same result - Anxiety heightened for a few days.

For the past 6 weeks I have been taking 30mg as it was felt that 15mg was not working enough. So I started by taking 2 of the 15mg tablets. The increase in dose maybe made me a bit ill for a few days like I was when I first started. Since last Friday when I got my latest prescription (this time for just the 30mg tablets) I have been right back at square one with pretty bad nerves and feeling rather down/teary.

I would not have thought there would have been all that much difference, but maybe there is?

devonvicky
13-11-08, 13:07
i spoke to the chemist aswell,he said that the UK chemist especially Co-OP are told to prescribed mirtazapine by teva in UK as its cheaper but the other solatabs are more expensive,but as my repeat proscription was done by a different doc he didn't write zispin on it,he wrote mirtazapine that's why i got a different batch from a different company,maybe u ought to ask u go back on the ones that agreed with u initially,and it does take a while 2 adjust from 15 to 30mg like it did when u started taking 15mg in the first place so try and stay with it,i dont think this weather helps,constant rain we have in Devon,very depressing,i dont really suffer with the depression so much its the tiredness and dizziness that bothers me
Hope u start to feel better soon Hereford AL
Vicky x

ley
09-01-09, 19:02
Hi all. i had the same problem with effexor. iwas ok on the capsules. then i got given tabs i think they were 75mg both. i had an awful time on the tabs. had 2 go straight bk on capsules. also same with propanadol. i had some that worked great but i got given some in pink box different brand i think had bad anxiety. so went bk to original.