PDA

View Full Version : Anxietys effect on sight and eyes?

Richd
16-10-08, 20:47
My eyesight has always been pretty much spot on, touch wood. But when my depression and anxiety started around 4 years ago I had an eye test, the optician gave me glasses as I appeared to be a little long sighted in one of my eyes.

I then started meds, and a couple years later I had another test. I hadn't really worn my glasses much as I couldn't really notice much difference without them. At this test I was told my eyesight was fine!

But now that I've come off the meds, and my depression and anxiety are returning, I worry that my eyesight is going bad as well.

Not bad so much, I can see everything, but it's as if there's spots of light infront of my eyes sometimes, or that I can't focus on people well enough, things look a little blurry at times, and my eyes feel tired and achey.

Has anyone else found a connection between anxiety and their eyesight? I don't know whether it's a symptom of the anxiety, or I do just have a little trouble with my sight which is making me more anxious, or if there's nothing wrong with my sight at all and it's all just in my head??

mlondon
17-10-08, 09:42
Hello

Yes I have experienced this as it makes me more anxious. My eye sight isn't great and I am still quite young so I get worried about it. When I am anxious things do blur, also sometimes I find my eyes are very sensitive and get tired easily. I have occassionally noticed spots but my interruptation of this is that we always see light spots occassionally, but when anxious we are on higher alert so pay more attention to them and worry more. Another explaination for the blurriness is that when anxious we tense are muscles and this includes our eye muscles, thus effecting sight.

I hope this helps.