PDA

View Full Version : silly question .. piercings

so jems like
16-10-08, 23:22
Originally I have 3 piercings on my ear lobes.
& Today I got my cartilage pierced. This is my first piercing since my anxiety,
and it's probably a silly question .. But, would it affect my anxiety in any way ?? Hehe, probably not. But, I don't know. Everything I do, I feel like I should be aware of my anxiety. Because, The piercing shouldn't affect it right? :blush:

eeyorelover
16-10-08, 23:34
I've had anxiety for years and have had piercings done and it hasn't effected mine except that the rush of adrenaline caused me to feel anxious right after I got my last one.
But as far as a lasting effect, I would say no.

Oceanblue
16-10-08, 23:39
Noooo, I very much doubt it. In some odd way, I think it helps,.. especially at first, as it's a distraction. I used to have a thing about piercings, more so when I was a kid.

I now only have my ears pierced once, have taken the rest out, and others around. I have two piercings in my ears, my tongue and belly button left.

:flowers:

Andyroo
17-10-08, 00:12
i think it can affect Anxiety
when your body feels a pain that its not used to it is uncomfortable
and that will send signals to your brain if you have anxiety or a panic disorder and trigger panic/anxiety its basically telling your brain ''Yo Wake up somthing is going on here HELLO'' Uncomfortable feelings have made me anxieous or sent me in a panic many times.. you will be fine:hugs: but i do believe its possible and can cause Anxiety maybe knowing it can cause Anxiety will help you to think less about it :noangel:

so jems like
17-10-08, 00:39
I'm just worried for no reason .. hehe, because for me, I think if I face my anxiety then I feel better. I was nervous before the piercing, but during and afterwards I was fine. I think that "feeling" of anxiety before helps me overcome it. I don't know if I make sense, but I feel like facing my anxiety makes me stronger :yahoo:

THANKS ALL OF YOU!!
hehe, thanks for responding to this silly post.

Oceanblue
17-10-08, 01:03
I'm just worried for no reason .. hehe, because for me, I think if I face my anxiety then I feel better. I was nervous before the piercing, but during and afterwards I was fine. I think that "feeling" of anxiety before helps me overcome it. I don't know if I make sense, but I feel like facing my anxiety makes me stronger :yahoo:

THANKS ALL OF YOU!!
hehe, thanks for responding to this silly post.

Yeh sure I understand totally. I'm just like this myself.

Strange to think,.. but I'm abit of an adrenaline junkie. I do just the same as you.

I've explained in abit more detail in the thread 'Rollercoaster rides versus walking Tescos'.

The mind's so complex, we just have to try and find a way of fooling the irrational thoughts, rather than them taking control and thinking they are in control.:) x

missy_swallows
17-10-08, 11:33
hi love i work in a tattoo and piercing studio and i have H.A and i can def tell you that piercings will not affect your anxiety in anyway. well done for doing it! i am now too scared to get pierced becasue i feel i would faint! xxxx

sheena
17-10-08, 16:41
Snap I had my ear cartlidge pierced this morning as well.

I not getting any anxiety but is was hurting a bit afterwards so I took a couple of paracetamol.

I nearly did a runner though. He gave me a form to fill in and disappeared and I thought oh my god can I cope with this. But I calmed down and I am glad I had it done now.

Sheena

aliciajane
17-10-08, 22:26
I love piercings, I've got my ears done 8 times, my lip and my nose and it doesn't affect my HA at all :)

x