PDA

View Full Version : white spot on tongue (please reply ASAP)

louise0501
17-10-08, 01:32
hey, for the last couple of days i have had this tiny white spot on the side of my tongue which has felt a bit sore and then today i notice there were quite a few tiny white spots on my tongue, i have been trying so hard not to worry but today health anxiety has really been getting the better of me. just wanted some advice before i go to bed so i can sleep a bit better. has anyone had this before? any idea what it could be? could it be serious?
please reply ASAP
Many Thanks
Louise XXXX

Andyroo
17-10-08, 01:34
does it look like a small little grouping of ulcers? do they hurt? can u describe the spots?:shrug:

kendo59
17-10-08, 01:41
might just be small ulcer.
could be sign of thrush.

louise0501
17-10-08, 01:44
can't really describe them, they are really small though, almost like a little tag. they don't really hurt and they don't look like ulcers. any ideas?
please reply
Luv Louise XXX

Andyroo
17-10-08, 01:45
tastebuds?:winks:

louise0501
17-10-08, 01:51
i don't think so coz its not normally there, some of the white spots i will see and then look again and they won't be there. theres one on the side of tongue thats been there for a couple of days though. i feel like i'm going crazy.
please reply
Luv Louise xx

Andyroo
17-10-08, 01:57
sounds like nothing serious.. we get weird things in out mouths all the time 99% of the time it is nothing serious .. i have many weird spots and bumps in my mouth.. i went to the dentist a few weeks ago and i was sure i had mouth cancer... the dentisy basically laughed at me and said i had none of the symthoms of mouth cancer... you need to relax it really sounds like nothing.. everyone gets weird things in there mouth not just you:hugs: im positive its nothing.. you can get it checked out if you want to make yourself feel better but im sure the doctor will tell you its nothing as well

Ddcoo
17-10-08, 08:34
:noangel: Hi Louise, please don't worry about the spots, they sound like the ones I get on occasions and they are pretty sore but go after 4 or 5 days, this may make you chuckle as when I got them as a kid my mother told me I had got them because I had lied. I was a worrier even as a kid and I must admit it stopped me from telling porkies. Hope you feel better soon.,

LeeBee
17-10-08, 09:13
I sometimes get teeny tiny little white spots on my tongue that sting a bit. I think they're mini ulcers. My mum used to call them "bubbles" :D. They usually go away in a few days, I wouldn't worry.

joyce1980
17-10-08, 09:18
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/help/bodykey/Questions/Index.aspx?nodes=JhYCrZt75ytSYY0ZMpTZ2zNMy8v%2fDhE ZVE5o9IlbN80%3d#pos892

White spots on the tounge and red spots could be thrush and is in nooo way harmful just get a anti fungal treatment from your Dr

Also you could just have a geographical tongue, also harmless

http://cdn-www.answerbag.com/images/answers/816409/3298759/tmb_geographic.jpg:D

Miss Alissa
17-10-08, 16:23
Hi Louise

I have what looks like little white tags down the side of my tongue and was told my dentist it is almost like scar tissue from where I have bitten it - when it is a freshly bitten bit they are bigger and more noticeable. I also get ulcers and sore spots after I've bitten my tongue - which I only tend to do when I am run-down and anxious! If they're still there in a few weeks go back and see a dentist, but I'd bet you anything they won't be.

Take care

A
x

pinkpiglet
17-10-08, 16:35
Just read this post and have to say that when i'm suffering anx, my mouth really gets it! I sub consiously bite and scrape my tongue between my teeth, nibble at the inside of my gums, i even chew give it a good old chew. I only realise i am doing this when my bloke points it out and i know i do it in my sleep too. Then i end up with allsorts of spots, lumps and ulcers. Yep! my tongue certainly gets the brunt end of it. Is it possible that you could have been doing this? (are you guilty of abusing your tongue?)
Seriously though, i'd leave it be for a few more days (no messing with it) and if it still bothers you get in touch with your dentist. No point going to your doctor.

sammi
12-11-10, 10:45
Oh the good old lying spots lol I get these and when I was younger my mum told me you got them from telling lies:blush: it should clear up soon. Mine are usually sore. X

nomorepanic
12-11-10, 18:32
Really old post that was made active with spam.