PDA

View Full Version : Started a job yesterday & have woke up feeling sick! help!!

jadeybags
17-10-08, 01:35
I had my first day at work yesterday, I haven't worked for 10 yrs, bringing up children. I NEVER get sick, apart from headaches or general aches and pains. But I woke up half an hour ago feeling sick. Now i'm panicking I have food poisoning or something, how am I going to go to work in the morning? I dont believe this, I was looking forward to tomorrow so much, and I dont want to loose the job before ive even got into it! I need this job.
Do you think its just nerves or something?????

Andyroo
17-10-08, 01:39
Jadey you dont have food poisoning you are just nervous and have abit of anxiety.. its normal to feel like this.. you can do it be strong! my tummy always used to get upset when i had somthing important to do that i was nervous about. you will be fine you are just nervous :hugs:

jadeybags
17-10-08, 02:39
Jadey you dont have food poisoning you are just nervous and have abit of anxiety.. its normal to feel like this.. you can do it be strong! my tummy always used to get upset when i had somthing important to do that i was nervous about. you will be fine you are just nervous :hugs:

Thank you Malv. I think you're right. Feel a bit better now. I think inside I am excited about the job, well, I Know I am, I really liked yesterday, but I am nervous that i'm going to get it right, and still be a good mum, get them to school before getting to the job on time, and basically just probably worried because its been 10 yrs since I worked. I'm a single parent now, whereas the last time I worked I had a partner and parental support.
I will try to go back to bed. Its weird what the body can be like when we worry about things!

Andyroo
17-10-08, 02:42
A single strong working mom be proud! You are amazing :hugs: its normal to be worried about your job.. esspecialy a new job. dont worry tomorrow will be another great day :) stay strong your doing a awesome job your kids will be proud:flowers: