PDA

View Full Version : Heart Murmer.....so scared

Vinny
17-10-08, 10:29
Hi Everyone
I've got myself into a terrible state of panic and worry, it's horrible :weep: .
My daughter is pregnant with her first baby and we are all delighted. Many years ao when my daughter was at nursery school she had a medical and the nurse told me she had a heart murmer. I was devastated and took her took her to my own GP for reassurance. He listened to her chest and couldn't hear a murmer at all. I'm sure the nurse who originally examined her said she would need to have it checked again when she was older. I think she had another medical at school some time but nothing was mentioned about a heart murmer.
My niece had one diagnosed as a baby and had to have surgery when she was 3 years old.
I'm really worrying now because I know being in labour puts a huge strain on your heart and I'm scared that my daughter has a condition that's been missed. My sensible head is telling me that heart murmers in children are quite common but my HA head is telling me it's serious heart desease!!
I don't know if my daughter has had her chest listened to recently but don't want to mention it to her or suggest she asks the doctor in case I transfer my fears onto her. I would hate for her to suffer from HA too!!
I'm so excited about being a Grandmother for the first time and I'm letting this worry spoil it. Whenever I have something nice to look forward to I let my HA get in the way and ruin things for me :weep: .

Please could someone offer me some reassurance? x

Andyroo
17-10-08, 10:36
that was many years ago.. if the doctors say they dont hear anything now then im sure there isnt anything to here and thats a good thing! Everything will go normal try to stay positive for your daughter if the doctors thought there was somthing to worry about they would tell you!
i know its hard but stay positive and think good thought! think about your beautiful grandchild! everything will be okay. its normal to be nervous about your pregnant daughter :hugs: :flowers:

nanny
17-10-08, 11:17
Hi Vinny

I was told after having both my boys that i had a heart murmer that was 29 years ago, never knew i had one before that! Then when i had to go in hospital for an op once i mentioned this heart murmer only to be told i never had one.........

So they aren't always right are they? please try not to worry and i'm sure your daughter will be fine, just try to enjoy the experience with her.

Wish you both well

Piglet
17-10-08, 12:56
When I was pregnant with my first piglet 22 years ago I was told I had a heart murmur too and then went on to have 2 more piglets and the only bother its given me over the years was that I had to have antibiotics for dental treatment (even that's stopped just recently though due to new medical views).

My doctor said he couldnt even hear it the last time he listened so I may or may not even still have it. Either way no one's ever really made a big deal of it so try not to worry hun.:hugs:

Love Piglet :flowers:

gtrgrl3369
17-10-08, 13:46
I also have had a heart murmur since I was 2 years old. I got it from having scarlet fever. I have had 2 kids and am fine. Mine can be heard by listening to my heart and shows up on ekgs and whenever I go to the doctor and they listen to my heart the first question they ask is did you know you had a murmur. She will be fine. If it worries you that much do you think you could ask her to have an ekg for you and it will show up if it is there and maybe that will put your mind at ease.