PDA

View Full Version : dr has made me worry

crunchie01
17-10-08, 11:42
hi everyone,

my daughter has always had ear infections since she was a baby and she has had grommits when she was little,she is now nearly 14. she started with an ear infection on monday this week i took her to the drs and she gave her a spray for her ears and sent culture to hospital, the results have now come back and she left me a prescription for me to pick up, with this prescription she also left the result of the swab!! i have googled this (sorry) and it says it is a common bug but if left it can cause meningitis!!!

as you can now imagine i am terrified, i am trying to think reasonably and think she has had this many times before and meningitis is a rare complication

any one know anything about this??

jenniexxxx:ohmy: :ohmy:

Charlottie
17-10-08, 18:15
Note: it says if LEFT you have a prescription to clear it up, therefore it is not being LEFT!

milly jones
17-10-08, 18:26
i think what charlotte is saying that if the bug was to remain untreated it could possibly cause more serious infections, but as ur daughter is being treated with the prescription, she will be fine as it will clear up now hun

take care

milly xx

nickieb
17-10-08, 19:42
Jennie

He has been given antibiotics now hun which will prevent any strep or staph occurring & getting any worse. Meningitis as you probably know also is treated with antibiotics such as penicillin or a wide spectrum antibiotic so don't worry honey.

LeeBee
17-10-08, 20:58
I am quite prone to ear infections too, and I had a bad infection when I was 15, but no meningitis. Antibiotics have always cleared the infections up. As they others say, your daughter's infection is getting treatment. The antibs will take care of it. She'll be fine.