PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

Smithy
17-10-08, 12:44
Hi

My name's Laura, I'm 31 and have 2 children.

I've suffered from anxiety & panic attacks on and off since childhood, but for the last couple of months it's been so bad until one day I couldn't leave the house to collect my daughter from school... I was just sobbing, curled up on the sofa and imagining all the worst things like my children would be taken away, I'd be sectioned etc etc. In the end my mum came rushing over and got a dr out to give me diazepam and a referral to mental health team.

I'm having CBT therapy, psychiatrist coming out once a week to check on me and taking 20mg citalopram, diazepam (to leave the house) and have been prescribed zopiclone because I can't stay asleep for more than 2hrs - but I'm too scared to take it (!)

This site has been such a comfort to me - thanks!

Laura

pooh
17-10-08, 13:01
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

milly jones
17-10-08, 15:53
welcome to the no more panic site

from milly xxxx :flowers:

keepemlaughing
17-10-08, 16:55
Welcome from me as well. Hope that you are feeling better.

leonard
18-10-08, 15:49
Hi Smithy

Your life sounds a mess at the moment, but hey so are ours! The syptoms and fears you express are quite normal for an anxious person. They are just terrifying to live through when one does not understand them. Pm me anytime would be happy to share those demons with you.

Leonard x

weeble40
18-10-08, 19:00
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

debera
18-10-08, 19:57
hi laura and welcome
debera:hugs: :hugs:

Becky08
18-10-08, 20:06
Hi laura!
Wlcome to NMP! :welcome:
Everyone here is really supportive and im sure you'll get a lot of advice!
Chin up! :yesyes: