PDA

View Full Version : went to the dentist!!!

lifeissweet
17-10-08, 18:26
hi eveyrone, just thought id post and say after months of worrying ...i went to the dentist and it was fine...

...the thing that made it different - for the first time ever i just told my dentist that i suffered panic attacks and that being at the dentist was one of the top 5 most terrifying trapping places!

in the past i have felt too ashamed/embarrassed/scared to tell my dentist (and my old dentist was a really cocky guy who i felt wouldnt understand my fear), but yesterday i went to a diff dentist and thought from the start i am just going to tell him and he was great).

he didnt even have me on the chair for long, said i had a cracked filling but since it wasnt giving me pain he wasnt going to put me through having a fillling done, due to my fear as it wasnt that important.

ao for anyone who avoids goignt ot he dentist due to panic attacks/agoraphobia..(as i did for ages), pls find a dentist you are comfortable with and just tell them..it makes it so much easier when you know they already know and if you have to sit up / stand up for a min they will understand xx

marie1974
17-10-08, 22:28
hello and weldone you for overcoming your fear. i too am dentist phobic and had to pluck up courage a few months ago as i was in so much pain and it didnt hurt at all and i been back 3 times.

hugs to u for being so brave xxx

Lila
17-10-08, 22:36
Well done!! That is on my list of things that scare the heck out of me so I understand the relief and how well you feel once you have done it.

:yesyes:

Lila

orangeblossom
18-10-08, 00:41
Fantastic!!!! So many congratulations for doing something you are terrified of - and for your bravery telling the dentist! it is always nerve-wracking telling someone, but it is wonderful, so very wonderful, that you managed to find someone who understood and made you feel so comfortable!

I'm so very very very happy to read your post!

Veronica H
18-10-08, 08:43
:yesyes: that's great news Laura. I still have not been to the dentist yet, but I know I must.

Veronica

kazzie
19-10-08, 18:13
Well done Laura:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Kaz x x x:hugs: