PDA

View Full Version : Googleitis

anxious
17-10-08, 19:39
ok ok someone else must do this :blush: I usually have health anxiety about myself but this morning i decided one of my sons shoulders was higher than the other :ohmy: So i did the sensible thing and googled!!! It came up with scoliosis and that led on to cafe a lait spots and neurofibromatosis. Now i actually know someone with this condition so its not something i take lightly BUT i have spent half the day stressing about it. Chances are one shoulder isin't higher than the other but well you know how it is with ha.

So please what's your worst google??

anx xx

cthechick84
17-10-08, 20:28
Well i had probs swallowing for 7 wks it seemed tht food was sticking everytime i ate solids, so in the end i googled and it came up with Esopgus Cancer i was a wreck stopped eating solids altogethr for 7 weeks and dropped 2/3 dress sizes i was on soup and water thinkin i couldnt eat and that i did ave cancer as my stmyptoms matched i had the lump feeling in throat, food sticking etc, it was horrible my worse nightmare so i wnt to See ENT who put cam up my nose and discovered no tumour but acid reflux causin food pipe to b inflamed he prescribed nexuim tabs to settle acid omg i was soo relived and guess wot...i can now eat solids fine so anxiety must of elevated my fears...DO NOT GOOGLE its worst thin to do with panic situations hun. that cafe laite spots ur on about neurofibromatosis ** well my friend has that so does her mother and sister so unless u ave it its v unusal that ur son wud ave it neurofibromtosis is jus lil lump type things that grow frm skin nothin serious and they r more prone in women wiv the condtion so he doesnt have that!!!i promise. wen u ave HAnxiety it does do this to ur brain im constantly keep checkin things out hun its normal jus dnt worry and panic everythinks fine, were all here to help so cum n chat.lots of love Chanty.xxxx take care.

bigbum
19-10-08, 20:19
Ha, googleitis, I like it.

Think my worst would be epiglotitis, which is an enlargement of the epiglotis and if left can be fatal. I decided at 10pm on a sunday evening I had got it and phoned the doctor who told me to get over it! He also told me to go and see him the next morning which I did and he then referred me to an ENT who put a camera up my nose (ugh, horrible sensation) and told me there was nothing wrong but that I had Globus Hystericus (ie it's all in your head!)