PDA

View Full Version : yay I faced another fear .....TESCO

titchjd
17-10-08, 21:01
Hiya folks ............
well I am quite pleased with myself .....I managed 2 go round Tesco with my mom and get 2 the checkouts and stand there and pack the bags .............yay.

This is a huge step 4 me as I panic the minute I enter a store .....It is strange though as I work in sainsburys and im just getting back in 2 work after 3 months off and doing ok .........I work on checkouts help run the dept so not sat on a till.im walking around etc ....but If I had 2 do a shop there Id get anxiety ??? shows how the mind works x

I havent been in a supermarket 2 shop 4 ages prob 18months so 2 nyt I was anxious .....I had a few wobbly moments where I went giddy and had that thought oh god its starting but I tried 2 keep calm and it worked.....i did have a few sprays of rescue remedy plus a text off Nic R that made me chuckle thanx Nic x

not sure Id do it again soon though haha but pleased I did it xxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Titchjd xxxxxxx

sheena
17-10-08, 21:16
Hi

Wow that is so good.:yesyes:

My daughter had to do the weekly shop when I was really bad with the agoraphobia. I eventually started going with her.

She then went on holiday for 2 weeks. So at first I made it to the car park. The next time I rushed in late at night and just bought some cat food. I did this for a few more days and then wrote myself a list. I did have a panic attack at the till and yes people do stare. One kind lady asked me I was okay and I managed to say panic attack. But yea I did manage to get everything on my list. I came home elated so I know how tough it can be.

Sheena

marie1974
17-10-08, 21:20
hiya hun and welldone cos i know how hard that must have been for you.

i prefer going supermarket late when its less busy, i hate trolley rage hehe.

orangeblossom
18-10-08, 00:50
That's wonderful! Well done you!

It's strange about supermarkets - I find the lighting and glare of all the white floors/walls/ceiling overwhelming sometimes and especially when there are loads of people jostling you or ramming their trolleys or baskets into your legs!!! I guess either first thing in the morning or late at night is the best time really.

Seriously well done for doing the shop with your Mum and gradually you will be able to do it without feeling nearly so anxious - or anxious at all!! Woohoo!! Well done for taking that first step!

Love,
Orange.

kendo59
18-10-08, 01:10
I hate the queuing up at the checkout.
Why is it always the checkout I choose to join, that goes the slowest?

vti2007
18-10-08, 08:19
Heyn Titch m8,

Well done - just quite pleased with yourself - should be very pleased with yourself lol

Well done for keeping calm - you know that that is something I have big trouble with so top marks to you

Shopping with the competition eh?? :D :D

I know you say you don't wanna do it again soon, but try to 'cos it will get easier everytime and then that is another fear ticked of the list

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Kendo,

Did you not know that supermarkets have anxiety scanners on the tills, if someone with anx joins the queue they immediately slow down, the tills crash, all the barcodes fall of the goods and the person in front of you looks absolutely stunned when they realise thay have to actually pay for their shopping and then spends 15 minutes counting out small change for a £100 shop- its true honestly - I know 'cos it happens to me every time :D :D :D

Veronica H
18-10-08, 08:33
:yesyes: Well done. I try to do the 'big shop' on Monday evening, as it is quiet.

Veronica

titchjd
18-10-08, 09:24
Thanx folks for all the support .

Orangeblossom: I also have that problem so opticians have given me some tinted glasses ...I dont wear glasses my eyesight is ok but I wear them if at work or anywhere that there is bright lights as It affects me .They have helped a great deal .

Kendo I hate queues aswell m8 the waiting makes my anxiety creep up till its a major prob when I get 2 the till x

Thanx Vti....might just go again 2 a supermarket but not sure when xxxxxx

thanx every1 xxxxxxxxxx