PDA

View Full Version : scared again

amandaj
18-10-08, 08:31
ive had this upset tummy since yesterday morning i know this is to much info but its like water comming away from me , ive had imodium but ive still got it ive had heartburn with it all night and feel sick , now im thinking it cant be a bug or something as its so bad and not stopping my health anxiety is sky high scared im going to die i havent eaten since yesterday morning cos ive felt so rough any tips on how to stop it or some reassurance would be very welcome
thanks
amanda

Oceanblue
18-10-08, 11:57
Sounds terrible Amanda ((hugs)).

It does sound like a nasty bug, or have you changed med's recently, if so this could be the problem. Hard to say really, but i'm sure you're not dying.

As the Imodium hasn't worked, can you call your local chemist and ask what they'll advise instead ? If you haven't eaten, you can also buy those sickness energy drinks to keep your salt level balanced and regain your energy.

Can anybody go down to the Chemist for you ?

If it persists, i'd call the the emergency doc out to prescribe you something.

Hoping you feel better soon x:flowers:

titchjd
18-10-08, 12:08
Hiya hun ...
Hope you are ok .

I get this alot esp if high anxiety....It does pass though so if yours is constant and you are actually sick you may have an upset stomach .....drink plenty of water even if you arent eating make sure you get fluid.

It is common with anx sufferers m8 2 have the runs ..you arent dying hun so try 2 relax and rest if its still the same then either ring chemist 4 advice or NHS direct hun xxx

Hope you feel better soon xxxxxxxxx:hugs:

diane07
18-10-08, 12:11
amanda,

its a bug, i had the same thing last week, don't eat for 24 hours but drink plenty of water, the immodium didn't do anything for me either

di xx

amandaj
18-10-08, 12:51
thank you for the replies , i havent changed meds or anything so its def not that , my daughter told me a while ago she feels sick and got the runs aswell so must be a bug guess we just have to let it pass through
thanks again

amandaxx