PDA

View Full Version : beauty products

bab
18-10-08, 11:22
you know how your not supposed to take herbal supplements like st johns wort with meds.. well I was wondering can you use beauty treatments with essential oils in or would they interact?

Oceanblue
18-10-08, 11:31
I'd say it depends on what med's you are taking and what dosage. You haven't mentioned.

Are you having this beauty treatment professionally done ? And when you say beauty treatment, do you mean just the face ?

Sorry,.. not much idea with the beauty of things,.. but I used to work in Sports Massage and we used Essential Oils to combine if needed.

If you are just having your a face massage, then I would see no problem using the oils, if you're going for a full body massage then yep,.. it does depend, but course on what med's you are currently taking and dosage.

Oceanblue
18-10-08, 11:40
I've just realised that you probably mean a moisturiser or something ?:doh:

If this is the case, then I'd say it's fine for your face,.. if it's a body moisturiser, (i'd be abit careful, especially if it's a potent one) though it most probably will be fine, I'd still avoid the body to be on the safe side.

With Massages, of course it depends on the Therapist view, but I would always use a weak oil, if at all.

Hope this helps alittle x

bab
18-10-08, 13:21
thanks so much Katie,

Im on cipralex and i want to get a facial and get some new products like moisterisers etc xx

LeeBee
18-10-08, 13:43
You absorb very, very little into your bloodstream through the skin. Probably the most that you will take in will be from touching your mouth or lips with your hands after you've been applying the cream or oil to your skin. As long as you wash your hands after application, I wouldn't worry.

bab
18-10-08, 18:13
Thanks LeeBee xx

Sallysdream
19-10-08, 00:14
I am on muscle relaxants and just had tken an Epsom Salt bath yesterday, after consulting a pharmacist and a Bupa Health Nurse they said that be ok. Not sure it worked but I was ok afterwards too. I have been having Beatuy Treatments every week too and al fine. Enjoy yourself x