PDA

View Full Version : A silly question

tashbarnes87
18-10-08, 16:56
Hi Guys, this is a silly question but if you had cancer would it change in 8 months and would it show up on a full blood count?

I have a silly fear of mouth cancer, and have a big white lump on my lip i have had it checked twice and doc said its nothing but im still scared. Anyway i was looking through some old pictures this morning and found a picture from febuary this year, i can clearly see the lump on my lip. I am trying to rationalise this fear in my head

My boyfriend said it could just be my lip and i want to believe him. If the lump hasnt changed in 8 months its unlikely to be cancer isnt it? I am 20 years old

xxx

Charlottie
18-10-08, 19:15
It most definitely would have grown a lot bigger and you'd feel pretty darn unwell if it was cancer. You've been checked out twice if it was something sinister they would have picked it up.

yanksforever
18-10-08, 21:03
You don't have cancer hun, it's just a lump. I have a lump on my neck..had that checked out several times. My dad has had a huge one his entire life on his left arm.

<3 don't be scared

eeyorelover
18-10-08, 21:17
If you had a blood draw since the lump appeared and the report didn't show anything then you don't have cancer.
If it gets any bigger I would go back to the doc only because you may want to see about getting it removed.
xxx
Sandy

tashbarnes87
19-10-08, 15:54
Thanks guys, i just had a full blood count done and it came back fine and the lump was present in February. I just have been obsessing over it for far too long
x