PDA

View Full Version : hi im new to this hope some one can help me

charlish74
18-10-08, 21:13
hi im 34 never had a panic attack before, i went into hospital last week for a kidney infection sudenly i had the urge to go to the loo when i got there i sore some blood due. to the infection, but then i needed to open my bowels and i paniced i thought if i did that i may bleed to death daft i know sudenly i was running up the ward asking for help, the nurse said she thought it was a panic attack.when i left hospital i was shaking a little ive dont that before as ive been in loads of times then suddenly i needed to rush to the loo it was like i had no bowel control, although my heart was not going mad my legs were shaking really bad i was so scared.anyway i got home laid down only to come over feeling shakey breathing felt as though my heart was going to slow i jumped up didnt know what to do , i went to the doctors she gave me diazapan i only had one seemed to work but no good all the time as the knocked me out and i have children i only took it when my husband was home ,today was really bad i went into town with my family for the first time since hospital i felt fine to start then suddenly i went week at the knees needed to find a loo asap had up set stomach wanted to cry get home feel safe took some calms didnt work my biggest fear is when it happens needing a loo rather fast i can sort of control my breathing its the other factor of needing to open my bowels when it happens that worrys me is that a normal feeling when having a panic attack thankyou for reading this hope some one can help kind regards karen

donrobo
18-10-08, 22:20
:blush: Hi my panic attacks arent quite as bad as yours.When i had a real bad one back in january my friend was there and told me to breathe and relax.
My head was all fuzzy and i couldnt see,and i also felt sick,
I would actually go to the drs and see if he can get you in touch with an aniexty councillor as your bad experience in hospital sounds like it is controlling your life.
I now have anixety attacks because i am worrying about worrying.
Hope you get sorted.Read some more on this site as i've only just joined and i now know im not the only one which is in a wierd way kinda nice:shrug:

Veronica H
19-10-08, 08:57
Hi Karen:welcome: To NMP. There are many here who have had their first panic attack after a traumatic event. This will get better. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'Self help for your nerves' published by Thorsons ISBN 978-0-7225-3155-6. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. Her recordings can be downloaded free to your MP3 from the NMP Shop too. Glad that you have found us. You will find comfort and support here.
Veronica

lennons_mammy
19-10-08, 11:24
Hi,
I think what you are feeling is normal. Sometimes when I get very nervous and panicky my guts go mental and I tend to pump alot or feel like I need the toilet (though not so urgently). If this is bothering you or you are worried about it then you should speak to your doctor.

charlish74
19-10-08, 12:25
hi thankyou so much for getting back to me been to the doctors he gave me diazapan 3 times a day going back tomorrow woke up today feeling bad, phoned nhs direct up to try to learn how to control it but i think i worry about it comming back so much that it does errrrrrrr dont know how i will get my children to school what if i panic on the way all this goes through my head before i even get going does anyone know how to calm down please advice very welcome x

charlish74
19-10-08, 12:38
does anyone know how to get hold of a therapist someone to talk to x

thoughts and actions
19-10-08, 13:47
hi charlie

I can totally relate to what ure sayin- my panic and anxieties stem from the "what ifs" regarding my bowel movements-

"What if i cant hold it in"
"What if there is no toilet"
"What if there is a queue and only one cubicle"

its perfectly normal in anxious situations to need to go - when we get anxious our bodies produce adrenalin - in preperation to fight or flight- when this happens our bodies want to become lighter so it "empties" itself either by vomiting or going to the loo- this wont happen in every attack - but can and does happen (id rather poo than vomit lol) and can be quite upsetting, nervy and embarrasing.

Your bowel is in a spasm- its listening to what the unconscious part of ure brain is telling it as a result of a mood that u r in- what you have to do is ensure you are breathing in and out nicely, slowly, calmly (imagine there is a candle infront of u, when u breathe out u want the flame to flicker but not go out) do this for 4 minutes (the amount of time it takes for the oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in ure body to return to normal) and then u should feel good- if u still need to go then go but shouldnt be an urgency.

I have IBS and there is a good section on here about it- its always triggered by stres and anxiety- there are meds u can take that will stop u going to the loo so u could take them before u go out and then that thought wont even be in your head.

You also have to weigh up how many times it happens/doesnt happen- i was awful at doing this and would think my world would end if i had to use the toilet in public- if we didnt need to go there wouldnt be a need for toilets.

Hope this has helped- if u want to u can PM me

xx

charlish74
19-10-08, 17:24
hi how do you pm not to sure what you meant lol thankyou for talking to me sometimes you just feel like panic and bowel movements rule your life nice hey what could i take to stop me needing the loo so badley when im out im worried it may not work or make me constipated carnt win,need to try to stop worrying about worrying daft hey.ive eaten something today hopefully it will be ok but i worry i will need to rush to the loo after ive eaten how can you over come this xx

charlish74
19-10-08, 17:37
hi thankx for that going to the doctor tomorrow i will let you know how i get on but is there anything i can take to stop the urge to go to the loo calm my stomach down thankx hunni x

thoughts and actions
19-10-08, 17:52
hey

pm means private message- if you right click my username it will give u the option to send a private message

Just incase u wanted to talk about stuf fand post it on here coz i no the toilet thing can be embarrasing

I take loperamide hydrocholride- its like an anti diaherrea- it works by soaking up the water in the bowel meaning the stools are more solid (Nice eh lol) i find it works a trick i take one in the morning after ive been and i dont need again- u get all different strenghts and differnt types but ure doctor will talk to u bout them- they dont make me constipated but i honestly dont think anything would lol

Ure doc can refer u to a therapist or counsellor to speak to some1 regarding this- there are also books u can read- its about changng the way u think and ure approach/ attitude to this stuff.

x

charlish74
20-10-08, 17:50
hi been to the doctor today he gave me something to calm the ibs down and 10mg of temazepan to be taken at nite time hope it works i carnt take my diazapan when taking these , wich worries me as my diazapan is 3 times a day and temazepam is once but i will see if they do have a longer lasting affect i made it to the doctors wich is 10 minute walk and back i had my mum with me wich really helped me today, somethings still worried me but she kept me going small steps the doctor said life doesnt have to be one big rush so step one done x