PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else had this i'm so scared and distressed

Carol27
19-10-08, 09:41
Hi i am so scare and distressed i have been having high anxiety and panic and lots of bizarre scary thoughts but last night i only had 2 hours sleep woke in a panic then the thought what if i hurt my husband came into my head and scared me but then that changed to what if i stabbed my eldest granddaughter and i have this distressing mental image of me doing this, i love her and don't know if this is anxiety the thought is bad enough but the image is so distressing and i'm so scared it won't go away, has anyone else had this, love Carol.

HeatherMc
19-10-08, 09:54
Hiya Carol

I have had some weird symptoms like yourself, I know what panic attacks are and even though they are horrendous I have sort of got a handle on them through coming on here and reading etc
But, I too like you have been having strange symptoms through the night, it is as though I wake up and my thoughts are all weird and disconnected. it is as though my brain is fighting within its self to either wake up or go back asleep, this is terrifying and yes some of the thoughts that have gone through my head are pretty scary, I have had a terrible week with all this as I have to be up at 6.30 and go and do a full days work in an office (which I am starting to hate, I feel all not real and weird and I am forgetting things) I then have to come home and look after my family I have three kids 2 at univ and one still at school I have also had spells of vertigo with this now absolutely shattered and terrified been for blood tests and am due to see Dr on Tuesday, I have heard that these symptoms are because the brain is so overactive with all the anxiety but at the moment I don't believe it because I am so scared. I am currently imagining all sorts!

I had a little read on the symptoms page the other day and something similar is described when anxiety is particularly bad.

Hope you feel better soon and I will let you know how I get on at the Drs how old are you? I am 41 and wondering whether it is some weird manifestation of the menopause etc.

Lots of Love

Heather

mlondon
19-10-08, 23:02
Hi

I have worried about things like this and I have read about it in books on anxiety. I think it is your mind playing tricks.

Try not to worry.

Michelle

london
19-10-08, 23:35
loads of people think them things please do worry your be fine
wish you better

Mistie_In_Oz
20-10-08, 01:06
Alot of people get them, i do. Try not to dwell on them, distract your mind. *HUGS*
Mistie

Anxious_gal
20-10-08, 01:55
the good thing is! If you fear hurting someone the chance of you doing it is zero! I think its kinda like, if you have a fear of heights and your standing on the edge some people get this huge fear that they will leap or jump off!
but the last thing that person wants is to jump off so their brain goes all weird and they end up worried that they will jump off.

IrinaSmirnova
20-10-08, 02:46
Hi i am so scare and distressed i have been having high anxiety and panic and lots of bizarre scary thoughts but last night i only had 2 hours sleep woke in a panic then the thought what if i hurt my husband came into my head and scared me but then that changed to what if i stabbed my eldest granddaughter and i have this distressing mental image of me doing this, i love her and don't know if this is anxiety the thought is bad enough but the image is so distressing and i'm so scared it won't go away, has anyone else had this, love Carol.

Your worry (!!!!) readily cure psychologists. Generally you use something for the obviation of these ideas? Therapy? Drugs? Psychology? Meditatsiya? Or something else? :)