PDA

View Full Version : difficulty swallowing clicking and gurgling how common is this

markZZZ
19-10-08, 10:32
hey all this is my first post!!!:yesyes:

I've had chest pains back pains wheezing stomach pain nose bleeds ibs symptoms, all the classic stress symptoms for the past couple of years.
steadily getting worse.

the problem that i really struggle to cope with is swallowing and clicking sensations and my throat gurgling along with neck pains. I've been scoped fully and nothing found...my GP doesn't think its anything to be concerned about.

i am on all the right meds a PPI (omepr) and escitalo to chear me up)
i also am sleeping with my head proped up but am waking around 5.30 with my throat gurgling its driving me mad(er)

This seems to get streadily worse with changes to routine, I have a holiday in couple of days and alouthough i don't think I am worried about it my wife thinks this is the stressor making my throat bad.

how common is this clicking and gurgling with swallowing problems?
Markzzz

diane07
19-10-08, 10:38
Hi mark,

I would say its pretty common, and your wife is probably right.
When our stress levels are high we can do some strange things while asleep, sadly we're asleep and don't have control over them.

do you feel anxious about going on holiday?

di xx

markZZZ
19-10-08, 10:51
I'm not really looking forward to it, we have 2 young kids one with autism so holidays seem much the same as normal days to me ,, but warmer..
the escitalo pills also make me feel emotionally flat.

the same kind of buildup of symtoms happen before a few days away in the summer and another time when my wife went away. but i just can convince myself that my symptoms are all stress related and triggered by these events.

LeeBee
19-10-08, 10:52
Hey markzzz, did your doctor say what might be causing your symptoms? I'm just wondering if he/she mentioned acid reflux. Some of your symptoms sound a bit like other NMPers who have this.

markZZZ
19-10-08, 13:30
yes I am being treated for acid reflux, with omeprazole (think that the spelling) but it doesn't appear to be working.
i get lots of throat pains but as i say have been thoroughly scoped