PDA

View Full Version : I am so worried please help

mary8
19-10-08, 11:23
I am getting myself in to such a state and as it's the weekend can't ring my GP until tomorrow.
I have been getting a really bad aching pain in my neck, shoulder blade and down the outside of my right arm. I went to my GP on Monday and he told me I have a trapped nerve and advised me to see a chiropractor. This on did on Thursday and he confirmed that my injury starts at C5 of my spine, and this has caused my musle in my shoulder blade to completely stiffen up and trap nerves. I have been playing some tennis for a past few weeks and wondered if this helped cause the problem.
The reason I am getting into such a panic is that the pain is not getting any better and I am living on pain killers at the moment which I think I am becoming imune to. Also I think the Doctor and Chiropractor have missed something and that I have a tumour or bone cancer in my spine. I suffer terribly from HA and my mind does completely run away with me. But surely they would of felt something on examining me?
Has anyone else experienced anything similar and when can I expect any relief from the pain. I would be so grateful for some feedback. Thank you.

Trixie
19-10-08, 11:32
These things do take a while to get better, do you have a heat pad or a hot water bottle? I had an op on my back once and have terrible problems with it but that's the way it goes.

Don't worry it won't kill you as painful as it is.:flowers:

BNCfan
19-10-08, 11:36
Don't worry, getting anxious will only make you tense up and make the pain worse. I've had a torn shoulder for over a year and know how painful these things can be. I'm surprised your doctor didn't recommend anti-inflammatory meds, but maybe that's covered by the painkillers. There's no 'quick fix' for things like this and one visit to the chiropractor isn't going to fix it. When we have an injury like yours all the surrounding muscles and tendons start to 'compensate' for the one that isn't working properly and if the pain is caused by a trapped nerve in your spine it's going to take time to heal. I had a cortizone injection for my shoulder a while back and all the tendons and muscles in my shoulder, left side and left arm went into spasm for 48 hours because the doctor caught a nerve when he gave me the injection. Hang on in there, it will take time, but you will be fine.

ElizabethJane
19-10-08, 11:41
Hello Mary I have recently experienced severe back shoulder and neck pain. I am still receiving treatment from the osteopath. I am allergic to virtually all painkillers apart from paracetamol. Have you tried using TENS for the pain? This will block the pain messages to the brain and give you some relief. Has your practicioner given you some exercises to do? I was also told to use a heated pad and a cold pad on the affected area. The cold pads can be bought from an osteopath as they are flexible. They have gel inside. I was also told to rest as much as possible and I used some valium when my muscles were in spasm. You will need to contact your chiropracter to see if you can use any of these things? I am sure your GP will reasure you that you are not suffering from anything more sinister. I know that it is easy not to panic especially if you are not sure what is going on. Does your GP know you suffer from health anxiety? I hope you feel better soon.

donrobo
19-10-08, 12:46
I bought some gel packs which you can either heat up or freeze.I have 2 prolapses in my neck and i take amitryptline for this.When i go through a bad period i take anti inflammatarys and baclofen.
I also go to bed with my frozen gel pack on my neck.

dont know if this helps:ohmy: