PDA

View Full Version : Succesful Citalopram

ipanicbadly
19-10-08, 13:17
Hi Guys,

Hope this will cheer you up. Reading some of my earlier posts you will understand that I have been going through a rough time of it lately due to lots and lots of panicking. I am writing this so that everyone will feel a little bit better about this medication but I cannot believe the completely different person I am on this medication. I feel 110% better and I am no longer panicking at the drop of a hat. So much better in fact that I actually had a train ride today when before I could not even look at trains without a panic attack. I am week 3 of citalopram and it is the best thing I have ever done. I finally feel like I am functioning normally. I still get the off days but I think that everybody has an off day. So keep persisting on this meds and I assure you they will start working. :hugs: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

mini_mog
19-10-08, 13:33
thank you for this:yesyes: its great to hear that the med im taking has helped someone:) i took my first one today after being on fluoxetine for a month. feeling ok so far so im hoping that ill have success with this med. hoping to sort out some sort of councelling/cbt too but still waiting for a response from the referal my gp has sent off.

ipanicbadly
20-10-08, 15:11
I understand completely I was so nervous when I first took one but you have to keep persisting and within a week I started to feel good again. I hope this really helps

bumbles
20-10-08, 15:15
This is so good to hear , I have been on them for 17 days and feel loads worse more anxious more depressed:lac: I hope that like you it will all get

better for me the more I persist. Good luck lots of hugs and remember eveyone has bad days:yesyes: thats normal.

MacAodh
20-10-08, 15:31
Ah thats good to hear, I've been on them for about 25 days now after visiting the GP - felt better in week 1, but back down since, with nausea, irritability, patchy memory and upset stomach, replacing crushing sadness and thoughts that suicide might be the best option. Stupidly I had 3 pints last night after not touching a drop for ages, and woke up middle of the night feeling like I was gonna hurl. Feel aweful today.

I've got my first psychiatrist appointment tomorrow, so hopefully will find out a little more of whats up with me and maybe get reassured/put on something different.

Good luck and glad you're feeling better though!

Here's to recovery!

J
x
o

Pebbles
27-10-08, 22:32
Alcohol cant be used with citalopram at all. No wonder ur feeling bad am so sorry.

Pebbles
31-10-08, 17:25
what mg are u on ? im on 10mg:yesyes:

eternally optimistic
31-10-08, 21:59
Hi

Well done on the meds.

Ive just come off citalopram after being on them for over a year.

I think they helped me soo many ways right up to the day I last took them.

Im sure you will find the off days will become less and less.

GOOD LUCK AND HERE'S TO THE COMING MONTHS.

HeatherMc
01-11-08, 09:00
What a positive post Jackie
I am looking forward to them working for me!

Cheers

Heather