PDA

View Full Version : Help!

BrandyK
05-06-05, 22:30
I think sometimes I am a hyperchondriac. I always think there is something wrong with me. For the last week I have been getting lightheaded. I was on a water pill for hypertension. So i quit taking it thinking that was the 'cause. But over a week later I am still getting light headed and don't know why. 6 Months ago I broke my arm. and three weeks later I have been having panic attacks and anxiety and my life has not been the same after I had my first panic attack. My doctor tried 4 different meds like Paxil. Lexapro and Seroquel but he thinks that I am sensitive to medication. Now i am on BuSpar 30 mg a day but it seems like it quit working. I am scared to go to work because I think that I am going to have a panic attack there. I dont know what to do anymore. It seems like every little thing that goes wrong I freak out on it. Someone have some advice for me?

Thanks alot.

nomorepanic
05-06-05, 22:35
Hi there

I replied to your other post so I hope you read that too.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

stimpy
06-06-05, 02:12
Mr Panic is a master mimmick.

He can make you think that you have 1001 medical complaints and all of them are deadly.
So it is only natural that you are going to be a hypocondriac - most anxiety sufferers are.

The only person who can decide if you feel well enough to go to work is you. Just beacuse you are worried about having a panic attack at work, it doesn't mean you will have one.

Try going to work and see how you feel. If possible tell another member of staff that you are suffering from anxiety disorder, so they will be able to help you if you need it.

The worst thing you can do is shut yourself off.
Once you are shut off it takes a lot of hard work to undo what the panic had done.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'