PDA

View Full Version : Over did it and now feeling anx

titchjd
19-10-08, 17:27
Hiya every1 ..been doing ok at work gone up 2 4 hr shifts and managed not 2 get 2 anxious or if I did I managed 2 let it pass without 2 much panic.

However went in yesterday which I get anxious about saturdays anyway .....and my manager kept asking me 2 go on depts i wasnt comfortable on ...but I went and felt anxiety build up ....after an hour I came off went in 2 the loos and tried 2 calm down ....Id just calmed down when she asked me 2 go on a till 2 get the queues down I havent done that in ages and find it very hard and was told in rehab meeting I wouldnt have 2 not untill I felt comfortable ....didnt think 2 much about it as I havent been on them 4 ages ..I run checkouts but dont go on them ....I felt the anx hit me and went giddy palps etc..... was only on 5mins but when I came off I was shaking and tearfull...........:weep:

Now Im anxious about going in 2 morra .........I know I should be proud that I did all these things but 2 me I didnt cope as I had anxiety and now im dreading going 2 work just as Id started 2 get back in 2 it .

Sorry 4 whinging just had 2 get it off my chest xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope every1 well x
Titchjd xxxxxxxxx

polly123
19-10-08, 17:48
Hiya Titch
Well done you, give yourself a big pat on the back, it takes a lot of guts to get back into work after suffering with anxiety, i know cause it happend to me earlier this year, you are bound to have setbacks its all part of the illness, i went to hell and back and was on the verge of giving it all up because like you i felt i couldnt do my job properly, but please give yourself time to readjust and in a few months im sure youl be looking back on this blip like i did. I swallowed my pride and confided in my bosses who, by the way are all men, but they were brill and really helped me, might be worth you giving that a try also.
Best of luck to you POLLY xx

kazzie
19-10-08, 17:49
Hi Titch:)

I know how you feel:hugs:

My employer keeps shifting the goalposts as well:mad:

You sign up for one lot of pooh and get a side salad with it!!!!!!

You will be fine:hugs:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

titchjd
19-10-08, 22:37
Thanx both 4 reply x

Im still worried about work 2 moz but gna take deep breathe and face whatever it brings xx
My manager knows all about it as told her everything and she was supportive at 1st but past 2 days shes just been giving me stuff that I get uncomfortable with ..........I spoke 2 her sat after my blip and she just said oh well you wil be fine you are strong ...but Im not as strong as every1 thinks xxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

eternally optimistic
19-10-08, 22:51
Ohhh Titch

That must have knocked your confidence, but hey, you did it...

It might be worth having another quiet word with your boss to discuss how you really feel. Sometimes, people who dont understand the situation with how you feel, often see another type of personality. Strong, positive and unknockable. I think I come across like that, but I am not that at all..

I hope it works out tomorrow, sure it will, and try not to worry.

That is one thing I have learnt, that worrying is just too stressful in its self.

Have a good day and dont put pressure on yourself before you get there.

titchjd
19-10-08, 23:12
Thanx Jackie :hugs:

I totaly agree with you people often see a diferent person 2 the 1 that u are deep down ...I think becus Ive been ok and managing 2 control anxiety without telling any1 ...they think im fine but Ive been dealing with anx everyday Ive been there they just dont see it xxxxxxxxx

Thanx agen hun xxxxxxx
hope u are well xxxxxxxxxx