PDA

View Full Version : breathing ..

so jems like
19-10-08, 19:36
I've had this symptom for such a long time .. It's kind of a pain now :blush:

It gets the worst whenever I'm about to go to sleep. Whenever I lay down, I have to switch positions so that I would be able to breathe better. I feel like it's labored breathing. It's not like I'm worried that I'll stop breathing, but it still gets me anxious, because I get a bad feeling and it overwhelms me. It's not like this has just been temporary, but I feel like it's been every day for about a month. When I had this symptom in the beginning of my anxiety, I only had it for about a week ..

Is it normal for me to have this symptom for this long ??:whistles:

yanksforever
19-10-08, 19:46
I've had that breathing thing...mine has happend 3 times since my anxiety began and lasted like 1-2 weeks each time. It stinks. I think with anxiety, you can have symptoms for a very long time. I think it'll go away soon.

Nechtan
20-10-08, 14:19
I can relate to this too. Every it comes around it seems to last longer and has become a real pain. In my own case I think it is prolonged because of my reaction to it. Were I able to just accept it then I think it would go as quickly as it used to but now I am holding on to it. My own is shallow breathing but also like I am breathing dry air if that makes sense. I try to tell myself I am getting plenty of air but cannot seem to fully convince myself- it is so ingrained over time.

My reaction is like that to all breathing. Even a little exercise gets me anxious from overbreathing even though I know that to be normal.

In your own case, a bit like myself, because you are aware of the breathing not being quite right and it is niggling at you then you are probably tensing up in reaction to it. This will of course prolong it as your chest tightens. Probably the only way is to just acknowledge it and try to let the thought of it go but that is easier said than done.

All the best

Nechtan