PDA

View Full Version : coming off citalopram

pipsie
19-10-08, 19:37
Hello. Can anyone please tell me if the side effects can return when you lower your dose of citalopram. I've gone from 20 to 10mg and feel low, anxious etc etc. Many thanks. Pipsie

suzy-sue
19-10-08, 20:01
hi sorry you are feeling bad. Try cutting down to 15 mg for a while the side effects shouldnt be so bad.I read somewhere it can take months to come off tabs.Get stable on dose before you cut down any more, if this doesnt work yourdoc can give you liquid citalopram which can be reduced more gradually.GOOD LUCK:hugs: suzy sue

reyniebenie
19-10-08, 20:10
Hi Pipsie. I am coming off Citaloprim at the moment. I did it quickly in a week. No anxiety so far. However when I was taking it I got increased anxiety whenever the dose was increased or decreased. But everyone's different. I will let you know how I get on withdrawing. I have been taking it for 3 years.
Brian

pipsie
19-10-08, 20:35
Thanks for your replies. My gp said I had to take 10mg for a month at least then go and see her again, but if I start feeling any worse I will see her before that. I really feel that I want to get off them now, I wasn't made aware of the side effects and would probably never have taken them if I'd known! Thanks again, it would be good to hear from you again. Pipsie

reyniebenie
19-10-08, 20:57
Yeah I remember the Anxiety increased greatly when I first started Citaloprim. It got so bad I felt like ripping my face off but then it became more manageable. Its horrible. Try breathing exercises if the anxiety persists. It was the only thing that worked for me.
Brian

eternally optimistic
19-10-08, 22:33
Hi

I have been on only 10mg for the last year or so, I havent taken a table now for about 5/6 days having cut them in half litterally.

I am having funny heads, when I am move it it makes me feel disorientated, bit weird.

Did have headaches to start with, although I get them most of the time.

I also, yes also - LOL, am being a bit touchy about things, something that gone away when I was on them.

Good luck and I hope it goes well.

I dont know about you, but dont feel a failure if you need to back on them.
I think plenty of people do and I am happy to do that if need be.

Bye