PDA

View Full Version : IS THERE ANYMORE I CAN DO????

linjane
06-06-05, 08:53
Hi everyone,

First of all, I want to apologise for hardly posting anymore, I don't have the time to 'skive' for want of a better word, on here, since my husband is at home more!!!

Anyway, my life is so much better. Less stressful at home and problems sorted with mother in law, we had a weekend to ourselves and enjoyed ourselves, holiday coming up, met some new friends......but I'm still experiencing the missing beats:(

In general, my actual feeling of anxiety is not as bad and this could possibly be due to Chinese Remedies, but the missed beats aren't going away. When I went to the docs last week, I think I posted that he had given me Propranolol to take if I felt anxious, but I haven't taken any, but does anyone think they might get rid of the missed beats? These are the only things causing me to worry at the moment, everything else is going so well? I know I am worried about my heart and I can't still get past this fear. I am seeing my counsellor again on Thursday, but don't want to waste yet another session on MISSED BEATS. I am not pre-menstrual, so it isn't that but I am mid cycle, probably about to ovulate (sorry if too much info LOL) so maybe they are still hormonal???? Have asked these questions so many times before, sorry to keep repeating myself.
Thanks,
Linda.xxx

Rebecca
06-06-05, 14:28
I hate when I have skipped beats.....

I am not sure about the medicine your talking about, but I do experiance the missed beats myself.

I hate it, and it scares me.....Try and relax ( I know that can be hard ) and just remember, it is a mind of matter deal..... I am on no meds or I dont even have a councelor or any sort....I try and do the best I can, alone.....good luck, and remember your not alone

Rebecca

seh1980
06-06-05, 15:52
hi Linda,

Things are slowly getting better for you and am sure that the missed beats will go eventually. These things do take time but know that you will get there in the end..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
06-06-05, 16:39
Look and see how much better you are in many ways and accept that you are still here and doing fine and that recovery does take sometime but you are progressing in the right direction

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

alexis
06-06-05, 16:56
Hi, It is great to hear you continue to do well. I know anything relating to the heart is a worry, hope you get sorted, well done on getting so much better,
Alexis,,xx

dizzyd
06-06-05, 22:16
Linda, lovely to hear you are doing so well. With regard to the missed heartbeats - they will never dis-appear - everyone has them. What will happen is you won't pay them as much attention as you continue to improve - then you will have days/ weeks when you are free of noticing them. Trust me - I am proof of this. Remember me Linda? Back in April I plagued you, Sarah and Nic for re-assurance regarding missed beats. Well I have slowly accepted them as part of my life and most days I don't even think about them. Sometimes (Last Saturday) I did have that horrible sensation of missing beats but I managed to resist feeling my pulse and just ploughed on - it worked. Take Care Love Dawn x

sal
06-06-05, 23:42
Linda

You are doing so well and you need to recognise that. You should text me. Sorry havent replied sooner but had an engagement party on Sat night and it was a long and late night. Had great fun but only now am i recovering.

Off on my hols on Wed but will text you once i am there.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

linjane
07-06-05, 08:12
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies.

I had a really good day, only the odd missed beats that I coped better with, strange what they do to you really. I even went out last night with a friend (not that I'm scared of going out you know fear has never stopped me doing anything) but now my hubby is at home 'normal hours' I can have a life of my own!!! It was a real change going to the pub for a girly night!!

Things do seem to good to be true at the moment......hope the bubble doesn't burst!!!

Dawn, lovely to hear from you and well done you, for doing so well!!! I'll try to take notice of what you've said, honest, these things WILL NOT get the better of me!!!

Alexis, how are you doing?

Sal, will text you later, enjoy your hol, you really deserve it!!

Take care,
lots of love,
Linda.xxx

Meg
07-06-05, 12:04
Good for you !

linjane
07-06-05, 18:08
Thanks Meg, I'll try to keep it up!!!xxx

seh1980
07-06-05, 19:09
Nice one Linda!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

sal
08-06-05, 00:19
Linda be yourself and that is what counts

You are a strong person and you need to recognise that. Thanks for the text and will be in touch.

You do a lot more than some of us could comtemplate.

Credit where credit is due, so take it hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

tt
08-06-05, 02:59
Not that I have done very well myself at accepting things, but I have
found that it helps if I just say to myself and accept that maybe that
is just now normal for me and when I have done this, it has made them disappear.
I also have found myself alarmed when they disappeared, it was almost
as if I was waiting for them to come. If I get myself in a state, they do come. I have learned to stop them in there tracks, but it takes practise.

TT:)

TT:)