PDA

View Full Version : fear of cancer and dying!

babydevil666
19-10-08, 21:34
hi
for the past 3 months i have been having anxiety and panic attacks which has now turned into health anxiety and every ache or pain i get i think iv got cancer and im dying i dont know why i feel like this! all this week iv been thinking that i have oral cancer. i gave up smoking a week ago and have had a sore throat and hoarse voice and an ulcer thing since its really worrying me and i keep thinking about dying and it really scares me i hate this disorder! any reassurance would help! x x x

donrobo
19-10-08, 21:58
my mam has smoked all of her life and she was getting loads of white/yellow :yesyes: ulsers in her mouth.She got herself to the drs and he sent her to see someone just to put her mind at ease and it turned out to be nothing.
Maybe your sore throat is just an virus and you are run down.It cant be easy giving up smoking.
I would go and see the dr to put your mind at rest.:D

Tracy68
19-10-08, 22:08
If you gave up smoking a week ago the sore throat, hoarse voice etc etc will be down to cutting out the fags. I've been trying to cut down and for last couple of days have had sore throat and hoarse voice so i'm putting it down to that. I get a sore throat if i have a roll up instead of a normal ciggie.
With anxiety any little symptom can have our mind racing all over the place and its horrible.
I would give it at least a few more days and if then you still have sore throat go get checked out at the doctors but i'm pretty certain its because you have stopped smoking.

Tracy
xx

heidi
19-10-08, 23:07
Hubby and i gave up smoking a few weeks ago and we both had a sore throat and a hoarse voice , so i really think it is down to you not smoking, but as everyone says if it stays with you please go to doc and have them check you over and i'm sure all will be in the clear.......hope you feel better soon and don't start back up smoking

Andyroo
20-10-08, 00:17
Hubby and i gave up smoking a few weeks ago and we both had a sore throat and a hoarse voice , so i really think it is down to you not smoking, but as everyone says if it stays with you please go to doc and have them check you over and i'm sure all will be in the clear.......hope you feel better soon and don't start back up smoking

i agree when i quit smoking my throat hurt abit as well im sure its nothing :noangel:

martin1989
20-10-08, 00:58
hi
shouldnt worry to much.

my uncle and auntie gave up and was that ill they looked very bad.

but its your body turning on you sort of thing because you wont give in.

but you can fight it:D

im 19 and have anxiety very bad.

i get pins and needles everyday all day!
heart area pains.
all sorts.

been hospital today and had xray,ecg,blood tests and everything.
i was worried i was dieind and guess what.

im aparently healthy...

please dont worry cuz ive stopped smoking today cuz of a blood clot scare.

it will get better.:) xxx

xBettyBoopx
20-10-08, 04:20
Hi

My mum had fear of cancer. For 30+ years everything she got she thought was cancer. My mum passed away in 2005 but DIDN'T have cancer.

I think your body goes through lots of withdrawal when you give up smoking and already many have said that sore throat is an effect of giving up. Please try not to worry.

Love
Els
xxx

Janieb
20-10-08, 07:50
are you chewing the nicotine gum at all? my mom smokes but if she chews the gum during the day she gets very bad sores in her mouth.

Giveing up smoking is not easy I am sure your body is going to go through a number of changes and possible hightened Anx which doesn't really help.

Good on you though! keep going

Ddcoo
20-10-08, 11:44
I gave up smoking 17 yrs ago after smoking for 20 yrs and I remember well how bad my throat and chest was for ages afterwards and you will probably find that you will bring up lots of catarrgh from your lungs as they sort of clean themselves when you stop. Don't worry about your throat, just think, it is clearing the rubbish out and the best of luck with stopping smoking.

Blackstar
20-10-08, 15:03
I agree with the others - the hoarse voice and sore throat are weirdly a good thing when you're giving up! All your cilia (those little hair-like structures that beat mucus up to the top of your airways) are starting to recover, your airway cells are de-toxifying, and as someone said previously, your lungs are now having a clear-out :D

I hope you manage to stay off the ciggies, I promise you'll feel all smug when you finally get over the horrid withdrawal symptoms! :hugs:

Good luck,

Anna. x