PDA

View Full Version : help new to prozac

raven
20-10-08, 09:59
hi
i have been given prozac for anxiety and depression i feel terrible in the mornings then i seem to improve later in the day will these feelings go away with prozac? i am only on my 5 th day of taking the drug. can any one help? have any of you felt this awful in the mornings its like i just dont want to face the world or go out speak to any one
any advice would really help me
many thanks
much peace

Mudskipper
20-10-08, 13:15
Sounds almost exactly like my experience. Hated mornings but became progressively more relaxed until I could chill out on the sofa in the evenings. I've been back on prozac for about six weeks now and the mornings have improved a lot. Still have a bit of trouble getting out of bed but I don't lie there dreading it anymore. Of course, I've never been a morning person anyway, so that probably doesn't help. You need to stick at it for 3-4 weeks to feel a real benefit, in my experience. Hope this helps.

Take care:flowers:

raven
21-10-08, 11:47
thanks mudskipper
good to know i am not alone , many thanks
much peace

Graz
21-10-08, 14:02
Had exactly the same, though in my case it was about the journey to work. Things have got so much better because of the Fluo, but I still wouldn't say they're 100% perfect as sometimes I still feel a bit dizzy and sick like I did before. But I know I couldn't go out if it wasn't for these.

Good luck :)

kitttykat
24-10-08, 14:35
I felt awful for the first 2-3 weeks, so tired and lots of side effects, but now a month in I feel alot better, it has definitly been worth going through the side effects to feel better, I feel back to my old self again! All I would say is whatever you do, just don't drink as it stops the drugs from working and makes you feel awful the next day!