PDA

View Full Version : omg why do we do it??? no one else does!!

bexy1970
20-10-08, 10:22
i cant believe ive just posted bout feeling betta lol!! was just getting dressed and caught sight of a bruise behind my left knee!!! now ne one without health anx would have just thought hey a bruise, must have knocked it!! but no, i press and poke and find a little lump!! i know the reasoning is ive knocked it somehow and ive got a bump and bruise!! but no!! i now have a cancer of some discription!!!! we know its daft!! i rang my fella and told him, he said go to docs!! i said id feel stupid!! he said there you go you know your bein daft!! i got my self in a right old state!! i wish it would just goooo away!!!! just for reassurance has neone else had a bruise there?? im worrying cos dont know how the hell ive bruised there!!! oh god i hate this,, im thinking now that hey my legs have been achey..and all sorts racing thro my head xxx

LeeBee
20-10-08, 10:31
Bexy, know where you're coming from. It can't just be a nice, simple bruise, can it? Got to be Worst Case Scenario every time. Sounds just like me! :D I get bruises on my legs all the time, I'm always bumping into things (drawers, desks, tables, chairs etc). Knees are particularly easy to bruise - front, back and sides - because they're so bony. It's a bruise with a bumpy bit. It'll start fading in a few days. Nothing to worry about :).

Blackstar
20-10-08, 10:45
Hi Bexy,

You have summed up Health Anxiety so accurately! It's never just a headache, it's a tumour/clot/MS...it's never just tiredness, it's liver failure/leukaemia/kidney failure...I so understand what you're saying.

I guess all you can do is practise the old CBT techniques - thinking about what is most likely (I band the backs of my legs all the time wheeling my bike and catching them with the pedals...bruises galore!) and what is least likely. I use a sort of time-limit technique, where I think, right, let's give it five minutes, if nothing bad happens in those five minutes, give it ten. Then twenty, then thirty, then an hour...almost always I realise, hey, I'm okay, I'm still alive, I feel alright! It might help you, it might not, just a trick I use :D

I'm sure it's a simple bruise honey :hugs:

Take care,

Anna. x

Andyroo
20-10-08, 10:48
i got a sore lump on my arm the other day it really hurt :wacko: i dont even remember hurting it.. its went away a few days later and im sure yours will to go relax and have a cup of tea:hugs:

tashbarnes87
20-10-08, 10:56
Heya Bex, your post made me smile. Its awful isnt it :( especially when you talk to someone else about it because you realise how irrational it is, but it doesnt matter the fear is very real to you!

A few months back i posted a note of here because me elbow had a big lump on it, i instantly though omg its bone cancer. Felt the other elbow and it felt different this put me on a downward spiral for a good few days. Turns out it was just my bone because i broke my other arm when i was 6 and shattered my elbow the one without the lump is actually the weird one because it doesnt have the lump. I know this is a silly story but just proves your not alone :)

xx

bexy1970
20-10-08, 14:38
hi all,
thaks for all the replies!! since ive been out with my sis ive had sore legs!! pain in my arm! and after just popping into the optician to make an appt my eyes are now hurting!! jeez i need a hobby lol xxxx im interested tho if nebodys medication has helped im on zispin which im just starting to reduce, but not sure wetha to or not after my panic ths morn xx