PDA

View Full Version : Another little question

EmmaJane
06-06-05, 11:56
Does anyone have an answer to this, im fighting really hard with the urge to look on the internet.

I have noticed that my left side of my face, when i rub from the temples down to the jaw, sounds like it is crunching. There is no pain, but i have noticed i grind my teeth, and i get very tense in my face. Has anyone any tips or advice. Or just to know what im talking about will help.

Thanks all, this is the hardest part, fighting that internet urge and not thinking its anything serious. I have all sorts going through my head again. I was/am doing so well, i really dont want to go off track again

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Piglet
06-06-05, 12:09
Hi Em

Dont bother with the internet you only come up with a new weird and wonderful thing to worry about.

I have terrrible clicky jaws and know I hold a lot of tension there. See if you can let your jaw drop and let your tongue rest at the bottom of your mouth rather than firmly up against the roof of your mouth (don't do this suddenly when your out as you may alarm people lol). Also try giving all of the nape of your neck a massage regularly.

My friend had a mouth shieldy thing given to her by her dentist because she grinds her teeth so much at night - I told her if she didn't use it, in a few years she'd have little stumpy teeth lol.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

seh1980
06-06-05, 12:46
My boyfriend grinds his teeth every night in his sleep. I always think that someone is using a saw outside our window lol He also suffers from anxiety so could just be a nervous reaction..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
06-06-05, 13:47
The jaw and head are very common places to hold tension..

Try some slooooow headturns, opening and closing your mouth a few times, hot pad on your neck.

Pain in Jaw,cheek bones and around eyes (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2475)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

angieb
06-06-05, 14:16
Emma - I think this may be something called TMPDS - I had it as a warning sign that I was suffering anxiety. It is not at all serious and infact I was given a leaflet on exercises to alieviate the symptoms.

OK - from memory open your mouth as wide as you can then push your lower jaw foreward and hold for about 10 seconds. This worked for me, in three days it was gone...bizarre!

BrandyK
06-06-05, 15:17
I have this too.. usually I have alot of tension in my head. Like you I search on the internet to see what I can find wrong with me. It only makes it worse.

take care...

EmmaJane
06-06-05, 15:19
thanks for the replies, the best way to describe the noise, its as if you are walking on shingle?

Emma xx

EmmaJane
06-06-05, 17:07
http://www.baoms.org.uk/CD-ROM/Information%20leaflets/jaw%20joint%20problems.pdf

I did look on the net, gave into temptation, thought this may help someone?

Emma xx

nomorepanic
06-06-05, 19:02
Did this reassure you as well Emma?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

stimpy
08-06-05, 00:43
I would also put it down to tension and stress.

I am another teeth grinder. I don't do it in my sleep, I do it all day everyday while I am awake.

I now chew gum in an attempt to stop me grinding my teeth.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'