PDA

View Full Version : reality is setting in..so worried

nok_tok
20-10-08, 12:38
omg i have been so panicky lately, im 33 weeks pregnant...and am starting to get panic attacks...i have suffered with panic attacks quite reguarly since 2004, but!! i havent had a single attack since being pregnant, so i though it must be something brain or body related that triggers them off, and i thought my pregnancy was kind of protecting me from getting them....but for the last few days, i have been sick, gut ache and started panicing...i have 2 kids already and now reality is setting in am in so scared, i have been shaking , and feel so heavy..im completley scared of giving birth and suffering with the pain..i dont even know how i will get to hospital, or who's coming with me and am scared it could happen at any time and im not ready.....worst thing is i cant take any medication at the minute so i have to see it through...i feel really weak and pale and got no energy.....

soliveirap
20-10-08, 14:07
I think you're anxious about the birth, wich is normal.
Take e deep breath and think thats everything's gonna be fine.
As we say here: have a small hour.
Take care

reachersgal
21-10-08, 10:22
Dear KittyPink.

I do understand what you are going through, I got a lot of panic in the 2nd pregnancy as a worry about the birth, I think it was different as having had 1 baby I knew more what to expect. I went to an active birth workshop which was very good as it gave lots relaxation techniques and tips for coping with labour. Some of Sheila Kitzinger's books are very good as well. I kept repeated a little saying during my breathing 'I am a strong woman'

If you were interested I could post all the things I did, I had a step by step thing to get me through each stage. the Active birth really focuses on viewing the pain as positive and helpful. I had to practice everyday and found that in labour it came quite naturally to me (and I had written it down just in case I forgot)

I also understand the worry of the practical side of getting to hospital and whose coming with you and stuff which I'm sure is normal, do you have any people you could ask, or are you an your own?

I have heard of people hiring a doula who can come as a birth supporter.

Is there also anything that happened in your previous labours that particularly is troubling? Birth Crisis can help people talk about any previous birth issues as well.

I agee with Sandra that it is normal to feel like that in pregnancy (I have known friends who don't have any problems with anxiety feeling like this in pregnancy, my close friend also got particularly woried about the practical getting to hosp bits) - You are not alone.

Please keep in touch and if you need any more information let me know.

Take Care

I was very interested in Sandra's Have a small hour - I am new to the forum and wondered what it meant.

Bev

soliveirap
22-10-08, 11:08
Bev,

Here in Portugal a small hour is a small and short delivery with little pain.
I was in labour for 12 hours without medication and in pains, so i didnt have a small hour, my son was huge and heavy so i had a cesarean.

samc100
22-10-08, 14:28
Hi Kittypink

I think the pre-birth nerves have set in. BIg hugs and please chat with your midwife about it.

I gave birth to my 2nd son 6 weeks ago and I was surprised at how much more nervous I was about it. I avoided organising care for my son and packing the hospital bag - I was in denial.

I was chatting with another mum the other week and she was the same as me - sometimes too much knowledge can be a bad thing!!

Deep breathes. Perhaps a session of reflexlogy may help you to calm. Ask your midwife if there are any things in your area to help stressed out mummies to be. I know our maternity hospital runs various sessions to help out pregnant women who are in panic.

And remember that labour does end, there are various types of pain relief available and you may get a nice short quick one.

Lots of hugs xx