PDA

View Full Version : First post...

Maggiemoo
20-10-08, 12:53
Hello :blush:

I think I have had social phobia for as long as I can remember, depression since my teens and anxiety since my late teens. I have been on citlapram on & off for years now. I've had pyscho therapy & counselling. I had been off citlapram for almost two years but started taking propranolol for a non essential tremor about 3months ago. Last week the doctor put me back on a combination of propranolol and citlapram. The side effects have hit me like a sledgehammer, far worse than when I have only been on citlapram. My mind is foggy, I feel spaced out and have zero appetite. I cant go to work...hell I'm self concious just stepping outside. I feel I am letting everyone down. I know my body just needs to adjust and then it will be okay. I just wish my family didnt see me like this. I asked the doctor what if I'm never ready to be of the pills...she didnt have an answer for me.

I just feel like a failure.

marie1974
20-10-08, 13:06
hi hun and welcome to nmp, you are def not a failure, your body has to adjust to the meds hun then you will feel better.

you will get lots of advice and support here and make friends too. hugs xxx

Maggiemoo
20-10-08, 13:15
Thank you both for the welcome.

I am just fed up of the constant highs & lows. It all seems so neverending. I'm at a point where I feel like asking the doctor to section me for some intensive help...then part of me thinks, maybe this is just who I am and if everyone accepted it there would be no pressure to 'snap out of it'.
I am now almost afraid to be happy because of the inevitable crashing downer that follows. My anxiety is manageable. The depression is uncontrollable. Nothing is wrong, evrything is wrong! Life just hurts & I get so so tired.

pooh
20-10-08, 23:39
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

sunshine-lady
21-10-08, 00:18
Welcome, I know it's hard when you first change meds, but please stick in there, things do change

weeble40
21-10-08, 10:16
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

milly jones
21-10-08, 21:11
welcome to nmp hunny
love milly xxx