PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Anniejay
20-10-08, 17:35
Hi,

I have joined this site, because I have been on Sertraline for approximately 15 years, and although I feel fine on them, and they have helped me in the past, for depression and anxiety, I am desperate to come off them. Before going on Sertraline, I was on Seroxat for a while, and came off them cold turkey, which was porobably the worst experience I have ever had in all my life, so much so that I am really panicky about coming off the sertraline. I have tried several times in the past and given up, but I feel really determined this time.
I am on 100mgs, and just over 2 weeks ago made the decision to try and come off them slowly. I have been alternating between taking a whole one and then a half table each night, and up until today have felt absolutely fine, but when I was at work today I started to get that awful feeling that I have had before - very light headed - only for a short time and kind of tingly in the head - weird! Can anyone give me any advice on how to stick with this? My GP is pretty useless as he seems to think that there are no side effects to withdrawing from Sertraline saying it's psychological dependency symptoms!

Anniejay

pooh
20-10-08, 23:36
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

not a drug Ive been on but take a look at the medications part of the forum

Pooh x

weeble40
21-10-08, 10:18
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Anniejay
21-10-08, 14:11
Thanks very much - it would be good to chat to others with the same sort of problems.

Annie

marie1974
21-10-08, 14:13
hello and welcome to nmp, you will find lots of advice and support here and meet new friends too. hugs xxx

titchjd
21-10-08, 15:01
Hello and :welcome: :yesyes: 2 NMP

I havent taken those meds I take citalopram but you will defeniately get lots of help and advice on here x

Titchjd xxxxxxxxxxx

milly jones
21-10-08, 20:52
welcome to nmp hunny
love milly xxx

debera
21-10-08, 21:19
hi and welcome to nmp
debera
x x x