PDA

View Full Version : My very first success.

Anna C
20-10-08, 18:42
Hi,

I'm not sure this is a proper success as I know I have a long way to go and it was a small thing, but this morning it felt huge!

I get the bus every morning if the bus is busy I panic. Today the busy was busy and more people were getting on and it was noisy. I started to feel hot and frightened thats how my panic starts and I thought don't panic and felt myself getting worked up.

Then I remembered something I had read on here yesterday about invited the panic to come. So I thought 'give me more, make me feel hotter, I want to feel more scared, give me more panic, make me feel even sicker, make me worry more' even after saying it once I felt my body relax, I had to say it quite a few times, but within a few bus stops I felt calm, I wasn't totally calm but to the way I normally feel it was calm! I actually prevented myself from having a panic attack. :yesyes:
This is the first time ever I have felt that I had any control over my panic and it felt so good!! :yahoo: I walked off that bus feeling so happy!

Anna xx :hugs:

Patty
20-10-08, 20:43
Hi Anna C,:)

I am so pleased to hear of your success. That's great!! Well done. :yesyes: :yesyes:

Thanks for sharing your experience - I must try that myself!

Best wishes & continued success xx :bighug1:

IrishPrincess
20-10-08, 20:50
Heya Anna,
That's brill,fair play to u,keep going xxxxx:yesyes:

bumbles
20-10-08, 21:06
I have juust been reading about doing this. Well done for the sucess It will empower you when you feel you have nothing to fear.

kazzie
20-10-08, 21:19
Well done Anna:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

Anna C
20-10-08, 21:52
Hi,

Thank you so much for your kind words, you have all made my day even better!:D

Sending you all hugs. :hugs:

Anna xx

pooh
21-10-08, 01:22
Awwwww Anna well flippin done!!!!

Pooh x

Anna C
21-10-08, 20:14
Hi,

Thank you, Pooh and Tetley for your kind words and support.

It worked again today on the bus!, so maybe I'm moving forward at last!!

Thanks again, Anna xx :hugs:

JohnBliss
21-10-08, 22:28
Great News
I use this technique myself - it really does work.
Hope you find that panic attacks soon become a distant memory
Regards
John

Piglet
21-10-08, 22:30
Oh well done Anna - way to go you!! :hugs: :yesyes:

Piglet :flowers: