PDA

View Full Version : Feeling bad today - Health worries

dragonfly82
20-10-08, 18:55
Hello

Dont know if this is in the right place really. Had a great week last week, been seeing a new fella and everything going really well. Spent the night with him for the first time on Saturday and things seems to be going really well. Now all my old worries about health are resurfacing. I had a one night stand about 3 years ago and convinced myself I must have caught something. I had the HIV test done which was negative so I dont worry about that any more but then I think I might have somthing else. The doctor says I am worrying for no reason but it just wont sink in. I have been tested for Chlymidia and Gonerrea(cant spell). Which are also negative and I have been told that I shouldnt worry about Hepatitus because it is so unlikely and they dont test for it very often. Not been tested for Herpes but havent got the symptoms, worry if I get sore or anything though just in case. Having the test done on Wednesday but I worry that I could have given my new partner something. I am not worried about catching anything from him because he is older, a dad, really caring and I have known him on and off for about 4 years.

I just dont know where to turn, I am not letting it effect my day to day things because I have a child to look after but at night when I am on my own these thoughts just race around in my head.

Thanks for listening

tashbarnes87
21-10-08, 12:38
HI Dragonfly, getting the test will make you feel much better. There are a number of walk in centers that will do a full screening for everything if your GP is reluctant. I am currently in the HIV anxiety fear myself.

Hope you feel better soon
xx

Andyroo
21-10-08, 12:47
about 3 weeks ago i was worrying about hiv ... then my wife smacked me and said i was tested already a few months ago :roflmao:

atleast she keeps track of things :yesyes: